Bandai 1/144 XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth

Evening One and All,

I've had this kit sitting on my shelf for a while and now, it's bugging me.  So I decided to build it, please see below.

40456526590_3ff22168c5_b.jpg

This is the Team Try Fighters version and as far as I am aware the only version in HG?  The "cloth" bit always reminds me of Deathsythe Hell which is also a cool mech.  You can see the episode it's from below - this is uploaded by Gundam Info (Sunrise I believe) so it's all legal.

I'm going to try an make it more the "original" version, I just need to find some decent source material for this.  I did purchase loads of the re-released Bandai Decals a while back, so I can use the warning decals on that.  I need to find somewhere that does the Skullheart ones tho or even a decent sized skull decal (not The Skull and Crossbones).  This will be a long term project at the end of this I have a spaceship to build. :D

28389599678_5df2c78781_b.jpg

All the sprues... yay

42263400401_a19be926a3_b.jpg

Stuff I can't read...

41541549484_c468066c8d_b.jpg

Pretty pictures and more stuff I can't read....

28389599508_27b62311c1_b.jpg

Cool pictures and the Core Fighter, but more writing I can't read.

41361427805_d4431f292d_b.jpg

This is where I was up to the other day.  Not sure I like the armor plates/thrusters being attached as they are.

More to follow...

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

So while moving ships today in EVE I was doing some work on this one.  She is now finished as a model.  I just need to plan what I am going to do with this.

28540713908_318cc14670_b.jpg

Here she is in all her glory.  Even though this is am HG it is a tiny kit.  Probably about the same size as Wing Zero.  She is the same height as a can of coke... go on... ask how I know. :P

42414129581_c213c6a87b_b.jpg

I love the cutlass and sword.  The Gun is pretty cool also.  So now comes the planning stage.  For some reason all of the white bits are pearlescent and makes it look very toy-ish.  This will not be caried over to the new version.

Just remember that I have 3 un-finished GM's in my stash.... need to find them and restart them.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

2018-05-28_03-16-26

How in earth did I not notice it looks like Death Scythe! It's so obvious. 

I've never been a fan of Crossbone, which is kinda odd. I absolutely adore F91 with its nonsensical plot and cool suit designs. But when I read a bit of the manga, it was kinda meh. Maybe I should re-read it with an open mind?

No matter what, it is a cool design that is adored by the Japanese fan base. I can't wait to see your work on this kit.

It is a miniaturized suit like all the new suits from F91 isn't it?

Build Fighters is great! Although a blatant model selling series (aren’t they all?), the whole idea of getting actual Gunpla builders to improve their modelling skills (and therefore win!) should be applauded.

Imagine if Airfix had a similar series which could do the same?

Mart

1 hour ago, Thud4444 said:

2018-05-28_03-16-26

How in earth did I not notice it looks like Death Scythe! It's so obvious. 

I've never been a fan of Crossbone, which is kinda odd. I absolutely adore F91 with its nonsensical plot and cool suit designs. But when I read a bit of the manga, it was kinda meh. Maybe I should re-read it with an open mind?

No matter what, it is a cool design that is adored by the Japanese fan base. I can't wait to see your work on this kit.

It is a miniaturized suit like all the new suits from F91 isn't it?

Well, I think it reminds me of Deathsythe Hell if you want to split hairs. Lol :P Deathsythe didn't have the black wings. Then again you could say it has a bit of Sandrock Kai EW in it too... Hmm...

I've never actually read the manga, if I can find a copy I'll give it a go. I know Crossbone is loved by the fans in the same way that Advance of Zeta/Sentienal are. 

You're correct Thud, it is one of the smaller suits like F-91 is and as such less armoured too, so a 120mm gun would kill it.  I have a few ideas I want to use on it, thinking of stealing some of the parts from the X-2 as well. :)

@LotusArenco

I also love Build Fighters, it's such a simple idea that it's genius.  It's a good way to get people into the show and Gunpla in general.  It's also fun for a geek like me to pick out all of the easter eggs in it. I'm still not sure on the character gunplas they've released. The Archangel one is weird. However I've seen a Titans version of Fumina which I want to get - don't judge me! 😕 lol

not sure Airfix could do the same, could you imagine the uproar if a kid put a 109's wings onto a Spitfire? Lol

Think the first job will be to sort the cloth/armor.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

1 hour ago, Thud4444 said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LotusArenco said:

Build Fighters is great! Although a blatant model selling series (aren’t they all?), the whole idea of getting actual Gunpla builders to improve their modelling skills (and therefore win!) should be applauded.

Imagine if Airfix had a similar series which could do the same?

Mart

I really wanted to hate this show. I just couldn't.  It's too much fun.  I like the guy on Reddit idea that Build Fighters is just Gundam Valhalla.  Everybody got a happy ending. How could you hate this?

images (8)

tumblr_n2lqa9QlKQ1rw23kpo3_500

images (7)

images (5)

I'm not gonna lie, I got a bit of dust in my eyes at these...

images (6)

667567e2-s

FRQQBMR

That last one REALLY got me....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hehe, I've seen a bit of the first series of Build Fighters and it's pretty glorious. especially Mr. Ral :)

Crossbone looks good, I think I have the MG unbuilt somewhere so looking forward to seeing how it turns out when you're done. I hope the funky core fighter features heavily.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

Damn you Thud for that last picture! lol  That one really does get to you huh?  The Quess one is also a bit harsh...

I noticed that there is a screen grab from Build Fighters Dive, haven't watched that yet.  Any good?

I think every episode has camero from one of the characters at least and was always fun trying to find them.  Might have to rewatch TRY.

Unfortunately Will, the core Fighter is just a lump of plastic in the HG version.  It doesn't dock with the suit (as is mentioned in the episode).  I was thinking maybe modifying it to do but it might be way too much work.  But I have thought about it.  The more I look at this suit the more I want to change it.  I'm thinking of a Titans purple/blue colour on the "wings"... or maybe a version of the X-2. 

Kind Regards,

Dazz

These series sure know how to punch you in the feels don't they?

If you liked Try, I'd bet you'll like Divers. It's just a little bit further down the crazy train. It took a bit to get used to the avatars. 

They announced a new series yesterday, I think. It's gonna tie into the Gundam Breaker games. Which is pretty much a video game version of Build Fighters already.  It's a game series where you build model kits and pilot them in battles.