Mystery P47 at Duxford

franky boy

Hi everyone

I had a trip to Duxford a couple of weeks ago and came across this P47 in the second part of hanger 1, the one where the Fighter Collection lives.

Was wondering if anyone has any details of it. It looks airworthy. Sorry the pictures aren’t great they’re just from my phone.

Thanks in advance 

James

de7cc6f0-ce54-47ea-a435-3cca0db78818.jpe

ae58e1d4-af18-4aa4-b21d-c77e7af1b1ca.jpe

• Like 1

I think it was originally based at Duxford as "No Guts, No Glory". It was sold to a buyer in the US who repainted it in the current scheme. Good to see it back at Duxford.

Pete

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

I think it was originally based at Duxford as "No Guts, No Glory". It was sold to a buyer in the US who repainted it in the current scheme. Good to see it back at Duxford.

Pete

3 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

The P-47D put on a very graceful, if distant display on both days of the Duxford Air Festival. It opened the show, which meant that the light was at its most harsh,  so I was only only to grab a couple of decent images of it.

https://www.flyinglegends.com/aircraft/republic-p-47d-thunderbolt-g-thun.html

Thats correct. Back on the UK register as G-THUN.   Agree, it is good to see it back here and airworthy!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers everyone.

Uts great to see this Jug back in the UK. I'll look forward to seeing her at Flying Legends.

James