Here's something a bit different for me. Back in the mid-80s when I was very much into Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons and fantasy figures I saw this in a shop in Bath and had to have it. I tried painting it and it didn't turn out well so it was never actually finished. Years went by and interests changed so this plus several other figures were put away and forgotten about. Recently they resurfaced in a box at the back of a cupboard in my mother's house so I have started repainting some of them starting with this one. I stripped it back to bare metal and primed it with Halford's primer and sprayed a base layer of Citadel Scar White. The rest was done with a set of Vallejo Game Colour which bought specially for this project. The base is a piece of plastic covered with Vallejo Plastic Putty and Javis grass.

gandalf1

gandalf2

gandalf4

gandalf5gandalf6gandalf8gandalf9

gandalf13

gandalf15

gandalf16

This is what it looked like when I found it.

Gandalf22

Gandalf26

Shadowfax2

Shadowfax3

• Like 9

Nice! That must have been fun to have them turn up again 30 years later. I still have a bunch of my D&D lead figures from the good old days.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 6:30 PM, Ted said:

Nice! That must have been fun to have them turn up again 30 years later. I still have a bunch of my D&D lead figures from the good old days.

It was. There is some old and interesting stuff in there and a lot of it is pre-slotta as well. I'll be posting some photos of them in the near future.

• Like 1