***Finished*** Airfix B26

Nice work! 👍

this thing must have been a real brute in real life - from the angle above it looks like a real "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" attitude to it! 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Underside done, upper camo touched up and the medium green blotches and white fin tip painted. Ready for the glass work to go on , better order the decals pronto, probably should start that mossie as well

43932575012_36d4f43a21_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Had sorted the nose piece and canopy joins out, but the nosegun broke so had to remove them to put it back, underside has been repainted with the fresh pot of NG, ad now to sort the joins out a 2nd time and itll be ready for glossing 

43914153284_107354e49b_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

should have seen it coming, but my endless removals of the nose piece eventually went wrong with a breakage causing a visible hole, so I've the choice to either finish it (unless I find my local has another copy for sale in a bit) in the gallery or put way with my B-25 for a joint airfix spares care package 

42864545980_4d361acea1_b.jpg

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, PhantomBigStu said:

worth a try, is about 1.5mm, though might pick up some humbrol clearfix which will do the job as well now you've reminded me. 

maybe do it in a couple of sessions - round the edge on the first pass and when that has gone off a small spot in the smaller hole that will be left - good luck - you can do it :thumbsup:

• Like 3

it worked @BIG X, dried clear and actually turned out one of the frame lines runs through it so covers nicely the very slight discontinuation, though I’ve once again had to removed the nose section so got to sort the join for the millionath time. That’s a job for tommorow 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

Nice work! I saw one of these kits at the aberdeen show over the weekend and since my mind can only concentrate on 1 thing at a time so I thought "oh there are 3 in the GB" so didn't buy it.  Wish my noggin had computed I could always build it AFTER the gb.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The RAF camouflage makes it look very different! For landing lights, you can cut a little rectangle of clear sellotape and wrap it around the leading edge over the light. I did that for my B-25 build in this forum. It's surprisingly resilient, especially with some varnish to blend the overlapping sellotape on the wing.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 4

18 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

The RAF camouflage makes it look very different! For landing lights, you can cut a little rectangle of clear sellotape and wrap it around the leading edge over the light. I did that for my B-25 build in this forum. It's surprisingly resilient, especially with some varnish to blend the overlapping sellotape on the wing.

Regards,

Adrian

That’s good Idea, though I’ve decided to fill it and paint them silver. Also decided to remove the tip lights and replace them with melted sprue/superglue filler as the fit was so awful. And well spotted it is a SAAF a/c

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1