Airfix 1/72 De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver ** FINISHED **

Very well done, Dave, an excellent Beaver and a smashing build. You'll find that missing window shade next week sometime! There has been a lot of work since your last update - look at that fuselage stripe. Anyway, sit back and enjoy now. All the best, Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent model Dave. It is great to see a different model being made with a fine result. Particularly after having to put up with my dramas of late. I hope my next completed build will be close to your standard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

At last!

40793840790_1f288dda31_z_d.jpg

IanJ

You’re not wrong Ian!! 

Thanks for all your generous comments, it’s all very gratifying and helps one push through to the end. I have to say, I am so glad I decided to join a BM GB approx twelve months ago. Having a realistic deadline certainly helps procrastinating modellers like myself push on to actually finish something. There are just too many distractions in life that play havoc with slow builders like me, however the online support that everyone shares is truly something I look forward to when the going gets a little tough. 

This GB has been amazing and thanks to you lot, not exactly great for reducing one’s stash (currently looking at Sopwith Pup, BN Islander, BAe 125, Shorts Skyvan & Bristol Super Freighter) all acquired within the last few months!! 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Did I already say how superb this is?  Well...there it goes again!

Yes John - post #98... but thanks again!

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update #12 - GB Gallery Entry (Finally!!)

OK - I'm calling this whole GB done (besides the build list updates of course!). The Beaver is now safely tucked away into the Gallery for long time preservation. It's been a whole lot of fun and I'm sure those that participated are all thankful they did. Well done to hosts Ian @Lawzer and Mike @Ventora3300 for making this possibly the best BM GB ever. Here's one glamour shot of my build and theres more you know where?

Cheers.. Dave

20181008_140037

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Update #12 - GB Gallery Entry (Finally!!)

OK - I'm calling this whole GB done (besides the build list updates of course!). The Beaver is now safely tucked away into the Gallery for long time preservation. It's been a whole lot of fun and I'm sure those that participated are all thankful they did. Well done to hosts Ian @Lawzer and Mike @Ventora3300 for making this possibly the best BM GB ever. Here's one glamour shot of my build and there's more you know where?

Cheers.. Dave

Lovely finish, Dave, and the props give the excellent build that interesting context as you say. It is a fantastic GB with all the modellers who are involved and all I can say is...roll on the next one! However, roll on the 14th first so I can get finished (4 kits to go) and draw breath a bit. If fact, I'm off on a holiday on Saturday so Friday is the deadline for me). All the best. Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What an excellent result for this old Airfix beaver. As mentioned above: "Outstanding" result.

This must have been fun.

Thanks for sharing this beauty with us.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
36 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Reviewing this build now in anticipation of Airfix's re-release of this mighty fine kit.  I'll be careful about the pilot's seats.  Looks great!

Thanks Kenny, I forgot about those two pilots seats not lining up with the front windows, that’s certainly something to be careful of. This is also the second of my ‘threads from the vault’ that has been revived today…. I think they are best left there! I’m glad Airfix has decided to revive this great kit and I’ll probably go a British Army one next time around. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1