Welcome to the Airfix Golden Years GB (and rules...)

First off, welcome to the Aifrix The Golden Years GB!

This looks like it will shape up into an entertaining GB with a very diverse selection of kits being built (I wonder what percentage of the entire catalogue  we'll get through....),

So, without further a do (well, as of the 2nd June!), ladies and gentlemen let's get building some vintage Airfix!

Just a quick note on the rules (although I guess everyone is familiar with them but just in case).....

What is eligible:

1) Any kit included in any Airfix catalogue up to and including the 1980 catalogue. 

2) For aircraft, All after market parts and decals with the exception of wings and fuselages.

3) Airfix kits first released no later than 1980 but in modern day boxings.

4) Updated versions of pre-1981 kits. Airfix occasionally added extra sprues of parts to update it's pre 1981 kits. All such parts with the exception of wings and fuselages are permitted.

5) For builds other than aircraft please use discretion and common sense when considering the use of aftermarket parts. For example aftermarket tracks, wheels or decking would be acceptable for a vehicle or ship while a aftermarket turret, hull or car body would not. The rule of thumb is that the bare bones or carcass of the model needs to be pre-1981 Airfix, whatever flesh is added to the bones is the choice of the builder.

Special Addendum: Given the age / antiquity of the very earliest kits produced by Airfix and the fact that there may be no available examples still below 25% assembly, a refurbishment build involving some of the constituent parts will be considered acceptable. 

If you have any questions please contact either myself or @Ventora3300

We have now created a banner for the group build should you wish to add to your profile signature.

Right click the picture below and choose save.

gblogo

Then, upload to your favourite photo hosting site then inset the link into your signature as you would if you were posting a picture.

PS. you can tell artistic pursuits are not my strong point ;)

Edited by Ventora3300
Learning during the Group Build
  • Like 6