Pete's Airfix 1\72 Golden Hind "FINISHED"

This is looking great and really colourful. I think your 'mistake' is you've transposed the colours on the two bands of 'teeth' on the stern castle but it doesn't detract from a lovely and complex bit of masking and painting. Nice job.

• Like 3

They obviously didn’t have a DoD Camouflage department back then did they Pete!! This is looking very interesting indeed and the rainbow of colours will make this one a GB Gallery stand out. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

The colours and painting of them look fantastic - are there any clues to why they went for these? Something for the sailors to do on the round the world cruise or was it for Good Queen Bess's benefit when she came aboard to count the loot! Keep it up, mate. Cheers. Mike.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, peterairfix said:

Basic construction is complete now time for the rigging.

Oh joy !!44297421552_d569e3efe8_c.jpg

RUN ME A BATH - I'm taking her for a spin - BRILLIANT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

As Mr. Bean would say "Ooo, look at those guns!". 

I'm so glad to see one of this big ships making an appearance here and this is looking extremly more impressive with every post you put up Pete. I recall once thinking that the Endeavour would be an apt subject to build and help the kids understand the oft told school history subject of Capt. James Cook, his southern voyages and of course the only thing I remember was something about a disease called "Skirvy"! Pity it's not in the latest Vintage Classic ranges as (thanks to this build) I probably would consider shelling out some gold coins for one. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I recall once thinking that the Endeavour would be an apt subject to build and help the kids understand the oft told school history subject of Capt. James Cook, his southern voyages and of course the only thing I remember was something about a disease called "Skirvy"! 

Dave, that disease was 'scurvy' and it was to do with a lack of vitamins on long voyages. British sailors took limes in their diets and became known as 'limeys' by the 'yanks' and also apples which may be the reason you are calling us 'Pommes'. If you remember your Treasure Island, Jim Hawkins was hiding in the apple barrel on deck when he heard the mutiny being planned. Cheers. Mike

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 1

See, that’s all I remembered and I still got it wrong! I’ve always said history didn’t really start until 1903. If there’s no aircraft involved, there’s no interest! 

Cheers and thanks for the additional info.. Dave 

• Haha 2

On 29/08/2018 at 16:36, peterairfix said:

Basic construction is complete now time for the rigging.

Oh joy !!

Pete, it looks like the rigging has to be made up on 'jigs' or looms  - do these come with the kit? Hard luck that it wasn't supplied ready made in black, as on some kits (I'm sure the Wasa etc. had these). If you are in the mood, why not educate us in the different types of rigging as you go along? Cheers. Mike.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ventora3300 said:

Pete, it looks like the rigging has to be made up on 'jigs' or looms  - do these come with the kit? Hard luck that it wasn't supplied ready made in black, as on some kits (I'm sure the Wasa etc. had these). If you are in the mood, why not educate us in the different types of rigging as you go along? Cheers. Mike.

I do have looms but I can't get on with them so I will be making them on the ship and as goes educating about different types of rigging I am still a novice so It might look a bit of a mess. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, peterairfix said:

According to the box 360 mm by 87mm

WOW - all the more impressive - it looks much bigger - great detail work there Pete.

• Like 1