Alternative Swifts

As some of you may already know I have a small penchant for the occasional " what-if ". Here are a few of my latest 

Firstly a Supermarine Swift F4 of 92 Sqd RAF , " The Blue Diamonds " display team.

b9c560f2-6f43-4913-988f-b3edf3960286.jpg

828de00a-c6ad-49ae-a7ef-28831f69622f.jpg

Model is a simple conversion of the Airfix Swift FR5

Next up is a Swift F7N of A&AEE , the F7N was a Swift F7 fitted with the Blue Fox radar intended for the Sea Harrier, the aircraft were used for weapons trials to clear the radar and missiles prior to the Shar's entry into service.

a548f570-b640-4a44-984c-3feed34cdd8c.JPG

3f0ae731-a826-4a32-920a-8078f9e2a918.JPG

Once again an Airfix Swift conversion

And Finally the Swift T8, a two seat version of the Swift F4  used for pilot training.

cfa9dadf-1219-4b3d-b710-5a3a0f704159.JPG

035f155e-eded-4e64-91a6-0f72295f6b17.JPG

This model consists of a Matchbox Hunter T7 nose mated to a Rareplanes Swift FR5.

Hope someone enjoys them ,  Andrew

Edited by Andrew Jones
spelling
  • Like 37
  • Haha 1

I love what ifs Andrew. Keep'em coming! 

Not a huge fan of the trainer  (it is a well made model) but the Blue Diamond Swift is quite lovely. 

And I've always thought a Swift tossing Sidewinders looked "right." 

Your model proves I wasn't mistaken. 

Great builds all around. 

Great ideas and excellent models! 

F7N is my favourite. Beautiful plane and livery suits it so well!

For a trainer - perhaps it should have obtained larger rudder and a fuselage insert behind the wing to counterbalance heavier front part. 

2 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- I didn't find any Swift in 48;.....Hope help to live.......Good idea  the SWITF trainer.......I like it

Falcon do a vacform Swift FR5/F7 in 1/48 , builds up very nicely, not much more work than an injection moulded kit , it was available at Hannants and pops up on Ebay occassionally. 

I've built a couple over the years , one was converted to the Record Breaking F4 WK198.

504e3830-e3b8-4e8d-a8ff-a8cdf176a80d.jpg

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments , I know Whiffs are not everybodies cup of tea , but the nice remarks and "likes" are greatly appreciated.

Andrew

• Like 1

Really beautiful work. I especially like your A&AEE version. The 1/48 Falcon kit is the only vacform in my stash as I love this aircraft but there is no injection kit is this scale, the problem is I'm still a little frightened of it so one for the future maybe.