C-130-20 (medium stretch) and C-130-30 (full stretch) - where to cut and what sizes?

bootneck

I have a couple of Revell C-130 kits which I would like to convert to stretched versions.  One to be a -20 medium stretch and the other a -30 full stretch conversion.  Can anyone please advise me where the cuts, forward and aft, are to be made; plus the size of the inserts?

I've read, in another forum, that the -20 had a fwd extension of 60 inches and the aft of 40 inches.  The same source quotes the -30 as having the fwd extension of 100 inches and the aft of 80 inches but I have been unable to get this corroborated anywhere else. 

In addition, I would like to know where the cuts would need to be made on a Revell 1:144 C-130 kit; or on the real aircraft if there's a plan/diagram available.  Details for a 1:72 kit could help as I could re-calculate the measurements to 1:144.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Mike

Mike, the numbers you quoted are correct for the -20 and -30

Make your cuts at the locations in the following diagrams, for the forward cut on the panel line just forward of the first window and the for the aft cut on the panel line just after the cargo door.

C-130-20

40594553180_18d02820db.jpg

C-130-30

27532130507_ff0124584e.jpg

I got these diagrams from a thread over at the Airliner Cafe forums, hence the Lockheed civil designation of L-100 for the Hercules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Ray, thank you for the confirmation on the measurements and these drawings are just what I am looking for.  The L-100 designations are fine as I my first build will be the L-100-20 and I shall do a WiP on the conversion.  I hope to follow up on that with a C-130 Mk.3 in RAF markings plus the L-100-30 as a civillian cargo.

Thanks again.

Mike

EDIT:  I have started a WiP for the L-100-20 version here.

• Like 1