Airfix: The Golden Years Reference Thread

For all the modellers who are interested in participating in this GB, perhaps this link I found to an on-line version of the Airfix 1980 Catalogue will help in checking the kits they wish to build are 'in scope'. Have fun!

http://www.vintage-airfix.com/1980_catalogue_list.php?page=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TonyW said:

The first full catalogue front and back pages and price list, from 1962. Prior to that the catalgues were simple printed sheets.

Thanks, TonyW. I think I asked before if there was an equivalent for 1980 (as our qualifying year) and Ratch kindly came up with pictures of that - must ask again. Regards, Mike

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 1

I don't have a 1980 catalogue, they are a bit on the rare side and very expensive whenever one turns up. I do have a 1979 one though, with the Type 6 oval logo in use and the non violent artwork on many boxes.

The 1979 catalogue runs to over sixty pages, so posting the whole ting here would be a bit of a task. I'll post here if there's interest though.

Here's the aircraft pages,

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

Edited by TonyW
  • Thanks 4

Some interesting boxtop artwork there. I don't think I've ever seen the Jet Provost in the RAF green/grey scheme. Another that stands out is the light grey OV-10A Bronco. Were these ever released? 

• Like 1