This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Enzo Matrix

Airfix: The Golden Years Reference Thread

Post your reference information here. Please note if posting artwork or photos you must either be the copyright holder or have the copyright holder's permission to post.

For all the modellers who are interested in participating in this GB, perhaps this link I found to an on-line version of the Airfix 1980 Catalogue will help in checking the kits they wish to build are 'in scope'. Have fun!

http://www.vintage-airfix.com/1980_catalogue_list.php?page=1

The first full catalogue front and back pages and price list, from 1962. Prior to that the catalgues were simple printed sheets.

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4649.jpg

3 hours ago, TonyW said:

The first full catalogue front and back pages and price list, from 1962. Prior to that the catalgues were simple printed sheets.

Thanks, TonyW. I think I asked before if there was an equivalent for 1980 (as our qualifying year) and Ratch kindly came up with pictures of that - must ask again. Regards, Mike

Edited by Ventora3300

I don't have a 1980 catalogue, they are a bit on the rare side and very expensive whenever one turns up. I do have a 1979 one though, with the Type 6 oval logo in use and the non violent artwork on many boxes.

The 1979 catalogue runs to over sixty pages, so posting the whole ting here would be a bit of a task. I'll post here if there's interest though.

Here's the aircraft pages,

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

Edited by TonyW

Some interesting boxtop artwork there. I don't think I've ever seen the Jet Provost in the RAF green/grey scheme. Another that stands out is the light grey OV-10A Bronco. Were these ever released? 

I'm not sure about the Provorst. 

The Bronco  box art did change to a grey aircraft, but from a front 3/4 view.