1/72 DH.100 Mk.6 Swiss Airforce

Hi guys,

finally I managed to finish something. 

It‘s the 1/72 DH.100 Mk6 „J-1125“ - Swiss Airforce.

The kit is the Special Hobby FB52 - quiet a nice kit. Decals: Matterhorn MC-One DH-100 Mk6 / DH-115 Mk55

resized_9019f4d8-b970-4cbe-b3b6-c058c1b9

resized_e1f030b8-deed-4055-a503-8c8c4363

resized_b9617b30-b0d3-4f3e-99fe-042e3fca

resized_44e2dd90-9536-4345-92e7-96ab5025

resized_bd227ce3-5959-4ed1-80ca-80131998

I am not 100% happy with it - made some stupids mistakes like using too large roundels on the vertical fin, not clean enough build, etc. - but finally I finished to something.

I made J-1125 as a little tribute to my uncle who flew this plane and unfortunately had a fatal - deadly - accident in this aircraft in 1955.

Hope to post some better pics soon - and will definitely build another one - hopefully with less flaws.

Feedack/critics are welcome.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by WildeSau75
  • Like 14

2 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Michael ... Very good lookng Vampire 👍 Great tribute to your Uncle. 

thanks mate - appreciate it. Next one up is now the double seater Vampire from Airfix.

• Like 1

A very interesting early jet age design.

I've always had a soft spot for the Vampire - it was used by the Austrian Air Force as well (DH 115).

I wouldn't have known about the wrong size of the roundels if you hadn't mentioned it.

There's a few rough areas around the canopy hood and on the inner wings, apart from these issues, the model looks fine.

When painting a metal finish, may I suggest to use a high gloss primer (Tamiya TS14)?

Its glossy nature helps to detect surface flaws such as dust, hair, or rough joints.

It's easier to correct these irregularities before the final paint stage!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

A very interesting early jet age design.

I've always had a soft spot for the Vampire - it was used by the Austrian Air Force as well (DH 115).

I wouldn't have known about the wrong size of the roundels if you hadn't mentioned it.

There's a few rough areas around the canopy hood and on the inner wings, apart from these issues, the model looks fine.

When painting a metal finish, may I suggest to use a high gloss primer (Tamiya TS14)?

Its glossy nature helps to detect surface flaws such as dust, hair, or rough joints.

It's easier to correct these irregularities before the final paint stage!

Danke Roman.

Indeed there are some rough areas - and I just showed its better side 😉

I top have a soft spot for the Vampire and its younger brother, the Venom.

Thanks for the hint with the glossy primer - will give it a try when building the next one - the 1/72 Airfix DH-115 as Mk55 in Swiss Air force markings.

Cheers,

Michael

5 hours ago, kapam said:

Looks pretty cool.

I like the clean-and-simple livery and your metal finish came up very well.

Well done!

:clap:

thanks mate - appreciated. Good thing is that the Swiss air force kept (still does) their aircrafts very tidy - so a clean build does it justice. Lucky me - I am not good in 1/72 weathering 😉

Cheers,

Michael