Sea Fury FB.11, Airfix, 1:48

Very very nice looking model, the Sea Fury is a fantastic aircraft and your model has really done it justice.

Your weathering of the aircraft is fantastic. My only criticism would be the weathering of the propeller, real propellers don't have random scratches they sometimes have a thin line of worn paint along the leading edge and sometimes faded paint on the trailing face at the tips. 

You can see the Spitfire below is fairly weathered but the prop is more faded than scratched. 

Screen+Shot+2017-10-17+at+15.28.26.png

This is a good example of faded paint at the tips on the rear face, the propeller is feathered in the photo but you can see the tips at the bottom would be on the front face of the blade in flight and have nearly no wear, whereas the rear facing tips that you can see at the top have a lot of fading. 

1200px-Hercules.propeller.arp.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi gents - can someone confirm if this kit suffers from a misshapen propeller spinner, the way that the old Hobbycraft kit did? I built the H/C rendition years ago and did my utmost to do it as best as I could, even "stealing" a set of underwing rockets from my Seafire FR.47 that I never used (could never get around to buying a correction set for the spinner though) ... But that spinner is just so off-putting that the model has never been retrieved from the "shelf of doom".

EDIT: The photographs of the model shows a spinner that is orders of magnitude better than the Hobbycraft one - just want to confirm that it is the kit spinner, not an A/M item.

Edited by jannie

Hello Mathy,

Excellent model and very professional photography.

In all very enjoyable  to start this cloudy day.

Regards, Orion.

Edited by Orion