1/48 Me262 A-1a/U4

Mike Mcellaney

I will be putting my 1/32 scale build of the Me262 on hold for the moment, as I am starting a new job on Tuesday, after 40 years in the construction industry the last 25 as a manager, I have decided on a total career change and will start training as a London Bus Driver

I will need all of the time I have to learning new skills, so I have decided to switch to a 1/48 Hobby Boss Me 262 so I will be able to get one completed for the GB

Depending how things go I will still work on the 1/32 Me 262 but will not have that pressure to get it finished for August, and if I do get it completed well thats another one for the gallery

So on to the model

IMG_1778

IMG_1798

IMG_1800

IMG_1780

IMG_1781

IMG_1784

IMG_1787

IMG_1792

IMG_1796

IMG_1802

IMG_1812

I have made a base for the finished model, sort of showing a hard standing like this photo

me262-a1-u4-with-mk214-cannon_orig

IMG_1808

• Like 6

Welcome aboard with a second, or alternate build. I can understand why you may need to devote some more time to learning the new job. It wouldn't be quite the thing to get lost with a load of passengers or have to ask directions...though if you get the right lot you may end up at the beach for the day.

This is one model I'm surprised we haven't seen yet. It was originally one of my choices but I thought there'd be a few in the build, but none! So it'll be nice to follow this build.

I love the base. I'm sure someone turns out a brass barrel for one of these as well if you want to go full AM with her.

Good luck with the build, one i'll definitely be following and I look forward to seeing her in the gallery.