Trumpeter 1/48th Hawker Seahawk

Here is a recently completed entry for the Hawker (Siddeley) Group Build;

Trumpeter's 1/48th Hawker Seahawk FGA.Mk.6 a beautiful aircraft IMHO. The kit is OK straight out of the box which is basically what I've done, a few scratched extra items in the cockpit plus a Pavla seat. There are some errors in the kit and some well documented mis-aligned panel lines and also some debatable shape issues, but overall an enjoyable build except for the decals, but then that's a situation normal for me.

The build thread is here: 

41951776571_6315d1c93f_b.jpg

41951776121_6bfc1658d8_b.jpg

41951775701_8ea7331d3b_b.jpg

41951775191_5faec56a53_b.jpg

41951774821_d543dab5b6_b.jpg

Cheers thanks for looking.

• Like 33

Thanks for all the comments guys much appreciated, BTW @bigbadbadge there is another Sea Hawk build going on in the Carriers Ahoy! GB by Basilisk who is performing some pretty radical accurizing of the Trumpeter kit, definitely worth a look.

Cheers, M.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

Great model of an attractive plane. Any problem areas?  The WIP looked pretty straight forward. 

The only areas I struggled with was the fit of the front fuselage and the decals as is the norm for me you may have gathered that I'm not generally a fan of decaling at the best of times but the Trumpy stripes for the fuselage band were particularly bad and very quickly found themselves in the bin.

Other than that it was genuinely an enjoyable build.

• Thanks 1