First ever tank! Airfix Cromwell MkIV

Slick viideo with good narration and just the right length, so it's perfect for 'beginners'.

Not a scale I will ever work in, preferring 1/35th, but a good end result.

I've only just started watering down acrylic paints, having used thinners before, but you're right - water is the far better option. I was interested to hear that you add washing up liquid to your washes to help the paints flow better. Am I right in thinking you used an acrylic wash? Personally I prefer to use enamel washes, or more recently (and very successfully) acrylic ink washes, but I will try adding washing up liquid to acrylic/water mixes to see how much difference it makes.

BTW I query Airfix's suggestion to 'brush' the parts with water/washing up liquid before painting/construction. Far simpler to drop the sprues into a washing up bowl and leave them to soak.

It would be nice to see some still photos.

And how about Tamiya's 1/35th Cromwell next?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Very good video, I have watched your aircraft videos as well and enjoyed them.   Done the same kit myself and got another in my stash it's a great kit.

If you add the aeriels it really finishes it off.  When I do the other one intend to thin down the light guards, as they are too thick.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Badder said:

Slick viideo with good narration and just the right length, so it's perfect for 'beginners'.

Not a scale I will ever work in, preferring 1/35th, but a good end result.

I've only just started watering down acrylic paints, having used thinners before, but you're right - water is the far better option. I was interested to hear that you add washing up liquid to your washes to help the paints flow better. Am I right in thinking you used an acrylic wash? Personally I prefer to use enamel washes, or more recently (and very successfully) acrylic ink washes, but I will try adding washing up liquid to acrylic/water mixes to see how much difference it makes.

BTW I query Airfix's suggestion to 'brush' the parts with water/washing up liquid before painting/construction. Far simpler to drop the sprues into a washing up bowl and leave them to soak.

It would be nice to see some still photos.

And how about Tamiya's 1/35th Cromwell next?

Rearguards,

Badder

I like the idea of adding the aerials!

I'm sure i say to "wash" the sprues - its probably my pronunciation :')

I did use an acrylic wash, the problem i have with them is if you dont rub off the excess whilst its wet, it will never come off when its dr.

Thanks for all your comments - a larger tank is definitely on my to-do list!