Ferrari 330P4, Fujimi, 1/24

Excellent! The gold rims look great on the car. How did you do the black edge around the headlights? (I have a lot of windows to do shortly, not quite sure yet how to go about it)

Wow, stunning job on a wonderful Ferrari!!! Which gold paint did you use on the wheels? Looks perfect.

I have the same kit waiting in the stash pile, if it turns out as nice as yours I'll be very happy...

Edited by Steve Noble

On 5/26/2018 at 7:33 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

A rather simplified kit, but it captures the shape of the most beautiful sports prototype GT car ever built...

Very nicely done - like that very much indeed.

There was a chat at my kit-car club who had a replica 330P4, and was intending to fit a Ferrari 308 engine - wonder whatever became of that project.

Now of to dig out my DVD of Le Mans , to consider that most beautiful sports prototype GT car ever built statement - I prefer the Porsche. 

Thanks very much, guys.

@JeroenS I did the headlight edges with a small wedge tip Pentel black marker.. I find I can usually "hook" the tip onto one edge of the clear piece, and then vary the width of the line by tilting it more or less forward.

@Steve Noble Those nice chaps at Fujimi prepainted the gold wheels for me! It's actually quite hard to match, being a slightly reddish colour, but not enough to be bronze or brass. The wheel inside the back cover is Tamiya Gold, which you'd notice if you saw them all together!

@theplasticsurgeon and lets not forget the Ford GT40, MkIV, Lola T70, 917 Langheck, and Alfa Tipo 33/2

best,

M.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic, what a beauty.😍

A couple of weeks ago I was able to get one secondhand. I will now order the right paint for it.

Because of your WIP and the Gallery pictures I took a closer look to my kit and I had to notice that the instruction sheet is incomplete.... Step 5 up to step 10 is missing...🙄

Is there anybody who can help me out?

Thanks a lot in advance

Cheers

Marco F.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2018 at 16:40, Marco F. said:

I had to notice that the instruction sheet is incomplete.... Step 5 up to step 10 is missing...🙄

Is there anybody who can help me out? 

Hi Marco,

you will find images of the model and all the instruction manual's pages here:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10230990

• Thanks 1

Lovely job and yes definitely the best looking Ferrari in my opinion but I also go with the 917(K) as my fave!

Simplified,,,,so an easy build?Hope so as I have one of these to go at sometime soon!

Thanks for showing, it's a beauty - now need to go find the WIP

Cheers

Rick

Edited by Spad
spelling!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...