Amari AB Estonia - Yesterday 25 May 18

Tiger331

Hi Folks,

A few shots from Amari AB here in Estonia. The Swedish Air Force are currently using the base for a squadron of JAS-39C Gripens employed as 'Red Air/OPFOR' during Sweden's annual Air Defence exercise. In addition, the Army Air Corps have AW-159 Wildcats deployed to Estonia for four months as part of the NATO Enhanced Forward Presence initiative and the French Air Force are conducting the standing Baltic Air Policing mission with Dassault Mirage 2000s. The base is also home to the Estonian Air Force's fleet of aircraft including a 1956 vintage Antonov An-2, 3 Aero L-39C which are used for training fighter controllers and Robinson R-22 helicopters used in the liaison role.

Hope you like them

fullsizeoutput_b65

fullsizeoutput_b5e

The Grand Old Lady of the Estonian Air Force - For those going to RIAT 18 this year, look out for this one - It's making the long trek across the Baltic Sea, Sweden and Denmark to attend the show at Fairford.

fullsizeoutput_b5f

Aero L-39C Estonian Air Force in a new low visibility grey scheme

fullsizeoutput_b60

fullsizeoutput_b62

The Old and the New !

fullsizeoutput_b63

fullsizeoutput_b61

fullsizeoutput_b67

Additional shot of '41' showing underwing national marking

• Like 15

1 hour ago, chris57 said:

Mark Have the Estonian's done away with the tri-angular markings now. cheers Chris

Chris,

No....they are still prevalent...Please see the photo I have just added. The L-39Cs are leased and have sported some whacky colour schemes/markings over recent years - some with 'triangles'...some without...IIRC the grey one shown does have them but I will check. 

Given 2019 is the 100th Anniversary of the Estonian Air Force I doubt they will do away with this iconic marking any time soon.

Cheers

Mark 

4 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Chris,

No....they are still prevalent...Please see the photo I have just added. The L-39Cs are leased and have sported some whacky colour schemes/markings over recent years - some with 'triangles'...some without...IIRC the grey one shown does have them but I will check. 

Given 2019 is the 100th Anniversary of the Estonian Air Force I doubt they will do away with this iconic marking any time soon.

Cheers

Mark 

Thanks for that info Mark, much appreciated. I know there's an Italeri AN2 in the vaults, just need to check out the markings.