Vista Fairey Fulmar.1/72

Morning folk's,finally pushed the Fulmar over the finish line,a fiver was the going rate from King Kit and as I'd built Airfix's boxing I knew what to expect,clunky

in places nothing that can't be put right if you're that way inclined,this is OOB with the kit decal's built for the on-going Carrier's ahoy GB you can see how it goes

together there,many thank's for taking the time to look.

42361357561_c1b2b82cd1_b.jpg

40554120600_07b58bd91d_b.jpg

27491546257_8378efb6ab_b.jpg

41459280945_0075ab5cfb_b.jpg

27491535717_2ff553d079_b.jpg

42313008602_8ef6ba0ea0_b.jpg

40554094560_d0a41208dd_b.jpg

• Like 56

Very nice!

This was one of the first (Airfix) kits I bought when I came back to the hobby and was amazed that Airfix had produced one (I had built the RarePlanes Vacform a long time ago) and then was even more amazed that it was not an Airfix original in the first place. It was the first inkling I had that they sometimes bought in from other manufacturers. The transfers were rubbish for me though!

You have really done the Fulmar justice here, excellent job!

Ray

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ham Hands said:

Lovely build. Looking at the markings, was this aircraft aboard HMS Victorious when she was sent with the USN to help in the struggle against Japan?

Many thank's,the star's were added for  Operation Torch the invasion of  North Africa in November 1942,there was thought to be a danger of the British

marking's being confused with Vichy French aircraft which were expected to oppose the landing's so FAA aircraft were marked in this way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Many thank's,the star's were added for  Operation Torch the invasion of  North Africa in November 1942,there was thought to be a danger of the British

marking's being confused with Vichy French aircraft which were expected to oppose the landing's so FAA aircraft were marked in this way.

Thank you. :)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 10:55 AM, stevej60 said:

IIRC the stars were added as the FAA thought the opposing Vichy forces were less likely to shoot at American aircraft rather than British. The French were still pretty angry with the Royal Navy for attacking the French fleet in July 1940 at Mers-el-Kébir (Algeria) with little or no warning, after France had surrendered to the Nazis...

Peter

• Like 1