Sopwith Camel 2F.1

Another thought - as you will have noticed, the top wing will be very flimsy. The rigging will fix this, but if there is to be tension in it - stretched sprue, elastic line or nylon line - be careful to add it in matched pairs on each side/edge before carefully tensioning so that you don't pull it to pieces! But it will look great properly dressed

• Like 1

Hi Shellie,

Ā 

I suggested Paracetamol and a paperĀ bag, not CO2-rich bubbles floating in Ethanol!!!!!

But as long as you hare having fun...

Ā 

JR

• Haha 1

So after 2 evenings the Camel is half rigged! I have to admit I have found one side easier than the other (which I am guessing is normal, and to do with your dominant hand.). I like the elastic line, it is however very fine and ultra frustrating, especially when your tweezers aren't the best. But that said, I'm going to take my time and am fairly happy with my progress.

IMG_20180617_212852

Ā 

IMG_20180617_212857

Ā 

• Like 12

Taking your time is crucial, all the time you need!

And lay off the bubbles!

Great show!

Ā 

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Taking your time is crucial, all the time you need!

And lay off the bubbles!

Great show!

Ā 

JR

Excellent advice, right up to the point you mentioned laying off the falling over juice!

Ā 

MartianĀ šŸ‘½

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So last night.....with out the aid of bubbles (other than Coke zero) I carefully finished off the rigging and the build. Taking time, stopping when things didn't go right and coming back to the build with fresh eyes is definitely the way to deal with rigging. I have learnt afew things, and will approach my next biplane with a little more skill (hopefully). For an old kit, it has been a great way to cut my teeth and I have enjoyed entering a whole new building world. Thanks for joining me.

IMG_20180621_192620

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_20180621_192655

Ā 

IMG_20180621_192707

Ā 

IMG_20180621_192720

Ā 

• Like 10

Lovely build! Well done! :)

Ā 

Need to kick myself in the butt and finish mine! :)

Ā 

HĆ„kan

Ā 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Great stuff! That was a fun build. Really neat Finnish with some nice rigging to boot. šŸ˜€Ā Any ideas what you want to build next?

Ā 

john.

Thank you!

I'm about to start 2 spitfires, one Airfix and one Eduard.....fingers crossed it will be a smooth build.

Thanks Michelle.

• Like 2