De Havilland D.H.83 Fox Moth half scratch-built, 1/72nd scale

Just watched an episode in Season 3 of Neil Oliver's Coast New Zealand which focused on South Westland on the South Island's West Coast & some superb footage of ZK-ADI landing in the beach at Big Bay in this livery, where it flew commercially 80 years ago while flying for Air Travel. Sorry, no link that I can find but one to keep an eye out for. A real treat.

Steve.

17 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Just watched an episode in Season 3 of Neil Oliver's Coast New Zealand which focused on South Westland on the South Island's West Coast & some superb footage of ZK-ADI landing in the beach at Big Bay in this livery, where it flew commercially 80 years ago while flying for Air Travel. Sorry, no link that I can find but one to keep an eye out for. A real treat.

Steve.

Hi Steve

That one was in my folder from the beginning, and it had a similar companion, a twin if you will. The livery is attractive as you point out, and was for a little while pondered about.

When I start a project I make sub-folders with diverse registration candidates, and keep an open mind during the first stages of the build. But at some point a decision has to be made of which one to build, and that entails deciding which ones are not going to be build. Occasionally (but rather seldom) I will build more than one model to represent liveries or variants that were too good to miss.

We want to build them all 😉

Edited by Moa
to correct typo
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, John Aero said:

Hi Moa,

I'm pleased to see this in it's Belgian guise, I have the original wooden propeller off this machine from when it was owned by the Duke of Windsor, who had a Fairey Reed metal prop fitted. It's still flying in Canada.

John

Glad you liked it, John.

I think that the model and your prop makes us distant relatives. :winkgrin: