1/6 Tamiya BMW R90S

Hi all, well after a 2 year wait I finally got this model in my display cabinet alongside my 3 other 1/6 scale bikes. Not an easy build, mainly because Tamiya only added parts for the 90S to the old 750/5 kit which left me to add some missing details. But I hope you think the results look convincing enough. More bike builds to come in the near future. Finally, you can see my work in progress of this build in the link below.

mc6oRgZ.jpg
TglU3Sg.jpg
hFIktwR.jpg
jLbYhZF.jpg
uoe04bb.jpg
I95ENse.jpg
BSm8IzE.jpg
74B2fnD.jpg
gKhhxQK.jpg
48tFoqC.jpg
ayv4BPf.jpg
vQxOZhS.jpg
Gx5Okkl.jpg
mxZKry2.jpg
UaQW11I.jpg
ySZte5q.jpg
YPYVY1V.jpg
wCaLui8.jpg

• Like 13

That's a really nice looking bike Lee and the paintworkis stunning.

Been looking at your SIP, so impressive.

How did you get the gradient on the two tone paintwork, I'm not used to this type of scale but I presume you would have had to raise any masking off the surface to get the gradual colour change and even so using a rattle can would need a lot of control.

My hat comes off to you!

John

1 hour ago, Hugh Jampton said:

That's a really nice looking bike Lee and the paintworkis stunning.

Been looking at your SIP, so impressive.

How did you get the gradient on the two tone paintwork, I'm not used to this type of scale but I presume you would have had to raise any masking off the surface to get the gradual colour change and even so using a rattle can would need a lot of control.

My hat comes off to you!

John

Thanks Hugh,paintwork is all done with an airbrush freehand shaded,only the pinstripes were masked and then airbrushed with the red,no way could you do this with a rattle can !

• Like 1

• 2 years later...