F-106A Jack the Gripper 1:72 William Tell 72

Hello mates! Hello Martin!

This is my model of the member AF 59-0088 of the Competition William Tell 1972, built  in November 1978 in 17 days from 4. to 20. (I had a lot of time in my college days and wrote this on the surviving instruction sheet).

It comes with Microscale Decals. I dropped the drop tanks, i wanted a fast Dart! There is some ageing, i brushed it up and managed to add some damage to the metal at the rr hot end :doh:

Cheers,

Thomas

Martin 

f106zrtzzf106dfwerwgff106zzf106df106dfgff106fgh

• Like 44

12 minutes ago, replicant said:

This is my model of the member AF 59-0088 of the Competition William Tell 1972, built  in November 1978

Beautiful F-106 and so spooky........ a year or so before that I built the exact same model in the exact same decals - I still have the rest of that sheet! I don't still have my F-106, but from memory it was not this good!

Thanks for the memory.

Terry

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Beautiful F-106 and so spooky........ a year or so before that I built the exact same model in the exact same decals - I still have the rest of that sheet! I don't still have my F-106, but from memory it was not this good!

Thanks for the memory.

Terry

Thank you!

You have a good taste and good memories! The Dart is simply so hot, one of the hottest for me. When i saw the WT pictures of Martin my afterburner lit on...

• Thanks 1

Hi Replicant,

just like you, for me this is the hottest of the century fighters. Beautifully built plane. Congrats!

I know it may be a secret, but how do you manage to keep your models in such a pristine condition after all these years?

Mine have cracking decals and yellowed white paint (OK, they were built before I had heard about varnishing the decals, but still...).

Great show!

JR

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi Replicant,

just like you, for me this is the hottest of the century fighters. Beautifully built plane. Congrats!

I know it may be a secret, but how do you manage to keep your models in such a pristine condition after all these years?

Mine have cracking decals and yellowed white paint (OK, they were built before I had heard about varnishing the decals, but still...).

Great show!

JR

Thank you mates!

@ jean:

I can only say, after my - younger than ever, Miss Sophie - brother killed my early ones i wanted to build them to last.

I reinforced the structures not to bend at all to get no cracks. And there is plenty of clear cote by Revell and Humbrol, email of course, because i had no effect on acrylics (You know, i am Bavarian: S&D&A). And they are Vampires, stored in a dark,

dry, heated room. Some were in a cellar for a while, they got some bio-film from i-like-to-eat-you-animals, so i, by 2000er, sanded some and gave them a new clear cote (not this one).

But i believe, in contrast to Germany in Zimbabwe it is far more demanding to conserve them. I used for NMF also Liqua Plate Cote for years, i think this is so poisonous, it will last forever :nuke:

Cheers,

your sniffer Tom

• Like 2

Very nice and well preserved Dart. 1978? I've nothing that old although I did a lot of modelling back then. I had a lot of time on my hands too. Never went to college though, sadly😟. Just the first of a long line of dead end jobs. 

I wish I had the time and opportunity now.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, replicant said:

Thank you mates!

@ jean:

I can only say, after my - younger than ever, Miss Sophie - brother killed my early ones i wanted to build them to last.

I reinforced the structures not to bend at all to get no cracks. And there is plenty of clear cote by Revell and Humbrol, email of course, because i had no effect on acrylics (You know, i am Bavarian: S&D&A). And they are Vampires, stored in a dark,

dry, heated room. Some were in a cellar for a while, they got some bio-film from i-like-to-eat-you-animals, so i, by 2000er, sanded some and gave them a new clear cote (not this one).

But i believe, in contrast to Germany in Zimbabwe it is far more demanding to conserve them. I used for NMF also Liqua Plate Cote for years, i think this is so poisonous, it will last forever :nuke:

Cheers,

your sniffer Tom

Hi sniffer Tom!

Thanks for the info. It can indeed be far more demanding to keep models in pristine condition here, especially in the part of the country I live in, which (am I so lucky) is the hottest...

So a dry, heated room when it is close to 50 Celsius outside, is not too hard to achieve. Unfortunately the dust comes with the heat...

But I am lucky: the dust is proper silt, not just decomposing grand mothers' skin and other fleeting human remains!!!! 

But as I said, I did not know about clear/matt varnishes, so some of my 1980s models are in sore need of a possible repaint and new decals... We live and we learn...

Cheers

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, replicant said:

Thank you mates!

(You know, i am Bavarian: S&D&A).

That amuses me. I remember when Jürgen Klopp took on the Liverpool job he commented that he couldn't understand the fuss because he was just an ordinary  guy from ' the Black Forest'. Which to me is a cake. 🎂 But regional pride I get. In America Texans like to point out they're Texan just in case anyone thinks they're some kind of ordinary Americans. In England it's Yorkshire people. Here in Ireland it's Cork people but I'm not sure if they are actually Irish at all 😏 Give them independence I say, no really.

In WW1 a British line was held opposite some regional German soldiers. They were to be relieved by Prussian troops. Before they left they sent messages to the British to give Prussians hell. Maybe they were Bavarians. 

People are the same and different the world over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noelh said:

People are the same and different the world over.

Amen.

10 Km up the hills here south of Regensburg the guys shot in Napoleons leg, a part of the beginning of the end of his career, but as consequence of Napoleons decline Prussian/Austrian feudals grabbed control and Regensburg lost the Privilege of a free independent Reichstadt, what was lasting hundreds of years. History as consequence is always local. Local Hero, the movie, was a real big success in Bavaria, the land of the white Bushman hunting for beer or Napoleon or British Bands LPs/Compact Discs. BTW: The german name of the "Normal One" reads in german the crazy one (Der Bekloppte). Everywere the same...:)

Cheers!

• Like 2

Just beautiful.  Convair's deltas were good looking planes.  You've achieved a very convincing paint finish which looks really accurate for the type.  Like others I'm amazed that his build stems from 1978.  Not a single one of my kits from then still exists, not that any of them were even remotely in the same class as this.   When I left home, aged 19, most of mine were put in to 'storage' by my mum's then partner who literally rammed them all nose first in to an old tea chest. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, replicant said:

Amen.

10 Km up the hills here south of Regensburg the guys shot in Napoleons leg, a part of the beginning of the end of his career, but as consequence of Napoleons decline Prussian/Austrian feudals grabbed control and Regensburg lost the Privilege of a free independent Reichstadt, what was lasting hundreds of years. History as consequence is always local. Local Hero, the movie, was a real big success in Bavaria, the land of the white Bushman hunting for beer or Napoleon or British Bands LPs/Compact Discs. BTW: The german name of the "Normal One" reads in german the crazy one (Der Bekloppte). Everywere the same...:)

Cheers!

Grussgott Sniffer Tom,

so it was one of your ancestors that shot up our beloved, dwarf Emperor's leg? It took all this time for the truth to emerge!

Where I come from in France, when we cross the boundaries of our department, we go to France... But we never claimed not to be bekloppte... in the mentally challenged sense.

And again, a superb 106!

JR

• Haha 1