Airfix Heinkel 111 h-6 decal issue.

stevej60

Hi folk's just a head's up,building Airfix's H-6 the torpedo carrying option which is the box art scheme.VP has pointed out to me the codes on the starboard

side are reversed as I followed the colour call out instruction's it appear's Airfix have made a mistake too late for me but beware if your building this kit

option,I've looked as well as VP at scores of lufwaffe period photos and found none reversed as per Airfix's instruction's,I've mailed Airfix about this but 

I think they think I want a spare part instead of just wanting them  to let their design team know of the issue .

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Steve,..... Airfix also did this on their 100 Group B-17G Fortress kit! Check out the correct BU-E and the incorrect B-UE on the other as seen attached,..... I`m sure that I`ve come across a similar code cock upon another RAF aircraft too!;

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/boeing-fortress-mk-iii-1-72.html

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Sorry to hear this Steve,..... Airfix also did this on their 100 Group B-17G Fortress kit! Check out the correct BU-E and the incorrect B-UE on the other as seen attached,..... I`m sure that I`ve come across a similar code cock upon another RAF aircraft too! 

Not to mention their regular cock-ups on FAA codes.  Take 100 lines: "Fleet Air Arm 3-character codes read the same on both sides of the fuselage (letter/number/letter), whether or however split by the roundel."  Unless the guy painting them up was confused which happened in at least one case (Seamew I FN628 W6D (painted as D6W on starboard side)).  IIRC on the Wildcat IV kit Airfix get it right on one marking option and wrong on the other.  Easily corrected once you know, though.

• Like 3

I've given up as I'm now on my third reply to Airfix who I can't fault for their prompt replies back,they seemto think I'm after spares,VP has had better luck

the error has been passed to the relevent dept. who are out of the country till the end of the month( something getting measured I hope).

30 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Easily corrected once you know, though.

Exactly Seahawk a note in the magazine for these error's would be nice in Tony's instance some modeller stick's his £30+ B17 that's taken month's

to build  in a show and get's shot down for an error he may have not noticed minor in the bigger scale of thing's but as I pointed out in my first E-mail

modeller's like to get it right.

49 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Sorry to hear this Steve,..... Airfix also did this on their 100 Group B-17G Fortress kit! Check out the correct BU-E and the incorrect B-UE on the other as seen attached,..... I`m sure that I`ve come across a similar code cock upon another RAF aircraft too!;

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/boeing-fortress-mk-iii-1-72.html

Cheers

Tony

Cheer's Tony this is on my short list for the GB later this year I would not have known that!

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Cheer's Tony this is on my short list for the GB later this year I would not have known that!

Hiya Steve,.... no worries mate. I built a 100 Gp Fortress from the original release of the kit (the boxing in USAAF markings) and mentioned the Airfix code cock up there,....I did inform them but they said that it was too late to change it in the kit instructions. 

Here is the WIP in case it helps during your build;

And here is the finished model thread;

• Like 3