Modelshop.. in Cornvall

pierre66

Hi all!

My frenchy family arrive in GB at july... 10 days and 7 in Carnwall! Saint Ives, nice place to enjoy! (And, visit Eastbourne, Winchester, Salisbury, Bath, Exeter. during the travel)

There are hobby model shop there?? I dont fonud nothing with internet!

Sorry for my english!

Best regard

Pierre

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:03 PM, Shar2 said:

I don't know about St Ives, but there's T7 Models in Truro.

Not any more.  He closed last year, alas.  Malletts Home Hardware in Truro has probably the best selection in Cornwall now.  And it's not actually all that bad.

Oh yes, other places ... in Salisbury there's Endless Models (on Endless Street, which has at least two ends) and Salisbury Model Centre.  Train Times in Eastbourne is sometimes worth a look.

14 minutes ago, pigsty said:

Oh yes, other places ... in Salisbury there's Endless Models (on Endless Street, which has at least two ends) and Salisbury Model Centre.  Train Times in Eastbourne is sometimes worth a look.

Endless Models is no more sadly. The Salisbury Model Centre is still thriving, not far from the train station as well - closed on Mondays though.

Guys, get your atlases out. Bath is in Avon, Sailisbury is in Wiltshire and Frome is in Somerset. There's Devon between those counties and Cornwall 😈

• Like 2

Well well.. From Dover to Lelant Downs.. i visist SALYSBURY and perhaps this MODEL CERTER... i my wife authorise me!!!😉

TRURO... I think its possible to arrive Victoria square by casuality, walking in the streets of the city! "Oh! A model shop! What a surprise!!"

Thanks for all

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Shar2 said:

What about Frome model centre down the A303 towards Yeovilton?

Still thriving; hard to find on the A303 but worth the small detour on the A350 etc.  Set in an interesting town, so there's more than one excuse to visit.

Didn't know Endless Models had closed ... that will teach me not to rely on Google Maps.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, pierre66 said:

Hi all!

My frenchy family arrive in GB at july... 10 days and 7 in Carnwall! Saint Ives, nice place to enjoy! (And, visit Eastbourne, Winchester, Salisbury, Bath, Exeter. during the travel)

There are hobby model shop there?? I dont fonud nothing with internet!

Sorry for my english!

Best regard

Pierre

Your nearest best bet is Blewett's Toy Shop in Hayle, about 8 miles from St Ives.  It's on the main road through the town, about 100m from the viaduct, opposite the big Asda on the other side of the harbour.  It's mainly a toyshop so don't expect too much stock but he's usually pretty up-to-date with the latest Airfix and Revell releases.  And, because his stock turnover isn't that fast, there's a chance of finding something you haven't seen for a while.

Plausible cover for your "happening to find" Blewett's is that you were looking for Philp's Cornish pasty shop about 200m further along, where the road bends.  Not the best pasty shop in Cornwall but you could do much worse.  Usually identifiable by the queues outside.

After that, I'd second Mallet's in Victoria Square, Truro, which probably has a slightly larger selection, which just about offsets the hassle of getting into and out of Truro.  Bog standard Revell stuff mainly.

PS 7 days in Cornwall and 3 for the rest of the UK sounds about right. 

Edited by Seahawk

There's a little shop in Causewayhead in Penzance, just about opposite the cinema, which surprised me a couple of weeks back with the range of their stock; even had an Airfix Walrus on the shelves!!

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, Seahawk said:

That's about right when it comes to being stuck behind tractors. 

• Haha 1

On 26/05/2018 at 21:13, Seahawk said:

Your nearest best bet is Blewett's Toy Shop in Hayle, about 8 miles from St Ives.  It's on the main road through the town, about 100m from the viaduct, opposite the big Asda on the other side of the harbour.  It's mainly a toyshop so don't expect too much stock but he's usually pretty up-to-date with the latest Airfix and Revell releases.  And, because his stock turnover isn't that fast, there's a chance of finding something you haven't seen for a while.

Plausible cover for your "happening to find" Blewett's is that you were looking for Philp's Cornish pasty shop about 200m further along, where the road bends.  Not the best pasty shop in Cornwall but you could do much worse.  Usually identifiable by the queues outside.

After that, I'd second Mallet's in Victoria Square, Truro, which probably has a slightly larger selection, which just about offsets the hassle of getting into and out of Truro.  Bog standard Revell stuff mainly.

Thanks too, for Seahawk! You know what... the BandB is at LELANT DOWNS... HAYLE!!

And very good idea for Cornish pasty.. and thanks for good eating address too!