1/100 Me.262 V3 ++ Finished ++

CliffB

it wasn't quite mockery...it just scared me......will have nightmares about "that" head!

He looks much better, the canopy looks great fitted.

She looks like something out of a 30's adventure comic! Awesome! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

A little more progress to report, with the V3 now wearing its RLM76 (courtesy of Vallejo).

P1100381.jpg

The paint's gone on nicely, but it looks like I need to do some more work on those wing roots :(

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Great job Cliff I love these odd scale often overlooked kit's you find to build! Long may it continue till the van arrives🗝️

Thanks Steve :D

Thankfully, the only vans arriving at the moment are deliveries from eBay!

• Like 2

A productive day today, with all the paint now on and glossed ready for decalling.

P1100382.jpg

The mottling started really well, but then degenerated into a game of 'chase the error' as my airbrush started to block and the whole thing went pear shaped.

Maybe it was the hot weather, but whatever the cause I've ended up with a small number of large mottles, rather than the other way round (as it should be).

At least the markings should help to disguise things.

I'm going to a parish 'Fun Day' tomorrow (we'll see if it actually is ;)), but hopefully will still have time to get this finished.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

don't worry about the mottle as she looks awesome, no one would have thought off or even attempted a model like this as it looks/ed so laughable. But you've manage to really make a really nice model out of it, dying to see her with decals on.

"Maybe it was the hot weather....." :rofl2: I shouldn't laugh, I'm cold when the temperature drops below 20C! :cold: It'll be great beer drink weather there though!  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mike said:

I like what you've done with it, but yikers! :shocked: It's like they made the moulds from memory! :cwl:

Thanks Mike.  These old Faller kits are a reminder of how things used to be (just like the nose of the old Airfix Defiant!).  I'm currently awaiting delivery of two more Faller kits (a Ju.88 and an He.111), so I'm looking forward to seeing how they have been 'interpreted' :D

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

"Maybe it was the hot weather....." :rofl2: I shouldn't laugh, I'm cold when the temperature drops below 20C! :cold: It'll be great beer drink weather there though!  :cheers:

Cheers Rich.  So you've not heard of the impending UK beer shortage?  Caused by a lack of COapparantly.  Ironic really, considering global warming :winkgrin:

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Shes looking great cliff :thumbsup: add the Decals and a little weathering it will really tie it all together. 

Thanks Dennis.  Well here she is......

P1100383.jpg

The code letters match the size of the ones on the Faller decal sheet, but in reality are too small - surprise, surprise.

The overly thick canopy frames are solely down to me though - the lesser of two evils, relative to the messy joints in my home-made canopy.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the result and it doesn't look too wierd when displayed alongside my other 1/100 scale models.

Thanks to all who have supported the build, in particular Rich and Dennis (Corsairfoxfouruncle) :thumbsup:

I'll post some more photos in the Gallery shortly.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 2

Again awesome job, she looks great all finished. It just goes to show there's life in just about any of those old models. Other than the RIVETS (well they are large :D) it's not far off looking like some of the early drawings for the Me-262 and if you didn't know better you would think it really was one of the original prototypes!

Thanks for bringing her along Cliff, I think I can say for everyone it's been a delight to follow this build. :thumbsup: I can't wait to see what you bring to the next build. 

4 hours ago, CliffB said:

Cheers Rich.  So you've not heard of the impending UK beer shortage?  Caused by a lack of COapparantly.  Ironic really, considering global warming :winkgrin:

Gosh I didn't think of that, we really do need cold beer down here!! Hey Anti-Globe Warmers...what about my beer, I need CO2 to make it gassy/cold/ whatever else it does to make beer really nice!!! :rant:

• Thanks 1

Hello Cliff ... You should be pleased with the results. Its a great finish just considering the age of the kit. I just try to help anyone whenever possible, its my way of doing things. I have a lot of free time, so i do a lot of research. If it benefits others even better, i still learn and im happy to do it. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1