F-4E Phantom II

Here it is finished. I'm not too happy about the mess I made with filler around the canopy but that's a lesson learnt and something to concentrate on getting right in future. I also have a feeling due to my mix up and indecisionĀ  with the decals I've put the wrong gun muzzle cover on for this particular aircraft. šŸ˜® Oh well.

Ā 

20180523_21250220180523_212335

Ā 

20180523_21261220180523_212030

Ā 

• Like 13

Great looking Phantom RogerĀ :thumbsup:Ā ... I had to blow up the photo to see the filler/canopy issue. Wouldn't have seen it otherwise. My canopies arent perfect either so no big issue. I have some tricks i use around them to avoid gaps that require filler(unless theyre designed to be blended in).Ā I dont want to take to much room here but if your interested or come across the issue again feel free to ask questions.Ā 

Ā 

DennisĀ 

6 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking Phantom RogerĀ :thumbsup:Ā ... I had to blow up the photo to see the filler/canopy issue. Wouldn't have seen it otherwise. My canopies arent perfect either so no big issue. I have some tricks i use around them to avoid gaps that require filler(unless theyre designed to be blended in).Ā I dont want to take to much room here but if your interested or come across the issue again feel free to ask questions.Ā 

Ā 

DennisĀ 

Thanks very much Dennis. The next time I see the canopy going awry I'll ask for advice instead of going down the "I'll just plough on and hope for the best" route.šŸ˜

• Like 1