This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

CedB

What have you purchased / been given

Amazingly I won both of these kits for just £11.50 plus the P+P.

I have two conversions in mind . . . .

29612653398_6232d04a8c_z.jpg

happy days 

Ian

3 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

A Fly Hurricane IIb, a pair of blue Desert Boots, a Ben Sherman t-shirt and a small bottle of English Whisky* (my birthday haul from friends) and an Airfix A-4B/P Skyhawk (a present from myself, from the art shop Laurie Matthews in Southend-on-Sea; they have a very good stock of kits and tools upstairs, if you are ever in the area).

Cheers,

Stew

* I know

If it's the one from M & S, it's not too bad. Happy Birthday!

Revell tornado decals, hadn’t cleaned my decalling bowl and load of scum caused the walkway lines on the one I was decalling to badly silver, oddly the seller wanted me to pay via bank transfer, i didn’t oblige, not least as he wanted to 2.20 in postage 

And from last evening courtesy of@Ian Shumsky the kit at the top of my Holy Grail list, an original , unmolested first issue Airfix 1/24 109E as given to me on my 12th birthday in 1972 (at great expense) by my eldest brother, a fitter in the RAF who worked on Frightenings amongst others. Been looking for a complete one for 6 years , This beastie had pride of place in our living room until my parents moved in 2002, only to to have the removals men drop the box it was in :weep: I have a newer one to build but just opening the box brought back that March day in 1972 when I unwrapped this leviathan and gasped in amazement. Taking the rest of the day off for some serious nostalgia...:mellow: Collecting mountain officially climbed.🥂

P1010164

P1010165

A friend gave it to me, after purchasing the Eduard excellent kit...The old ESCI MIG 21, in 1:48 scale. I think it's the old OEZ plastic. Surely not the most accurate kit, but may provide a few hour of joyful modelling. Planning to build it OOB, an overall aluminium polish machine.....AFAIK, it's a Fishbed L. The cockpit detail is quite sparse, as are the undercarriage legs. The canopy looks so so, and the plastic is heavy and thick...the underwing stores are a joke, but otherwise a fun kit....🤣🤣

936864-16253-25-pristine.jpg

OK peeps, that poster that mum gave me.

Lanc 2

And the other side.

Lanc 3

And couple of close ups.

Lanc 4

Lanc 5

The poster is 24 x 34 roughly, so the good lady wife has suggested a frame for it.

Nice woman.

Simon.

12 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

a pair of blue Desert Boots

Blue? 

You rebel!

Half a kilo of uncooked Rhubarb.

You'll need a wheelbarrow full of custard then.

22 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You'll need a wheelbarrow full of custard then.

Or a sack of crumble mix?

Simon.

8 hours ago, azureglo said:

And from last evening courtesy of@Ian Shumsky the kit at the top of my Holy Grail list, an original , unmolested first issue Airfix 1/24 109E as given to me on my 12th birthday in 1972 (at great expense) by my eldest brother, a fitter in the RAF who worked on Frightenings amongst others. Been looking for a complete one for 6 years , This beastie had pride of place in our living room until my parents moved in 2002, only to to have the removals men drop the box it was in :weep: I have a newer one to build but just opening the box brought back that March day in 1972 when I unwrapped this leviathan and gasped in amazement. Taking the rest of the day off for some serious nostalgia...:mellow: Collecting mountain officially climbed.🥂

P1010164

P1010165

1972? When was that? :P

28 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

Just prior to 1973.

An old Esci kit.......1/48, AMD-BA Sepecat Jaguar A. Found it at the back room of my local hobby shop, under a pile of old kits wich, hopefully, will find their way into my stash during the next weeks.......must develop a master plan to throw off my wife.....

s-l500.jpg

Can't say a word about accuracy. It's a fairly simple kit, with no cockpit detail. The previous owner started rescribing the panel lines, and added some underwing stores from another kit....some rocket launchers and bombs.

There was anothe Esci jaguar, the british GR.1, wich will be "stolen" tomorrow....

10 hours ago, azureglo said:

P1010164

And if that doesn't get you blowing Cresta out of your nose in excitement, then I don't know what will! 

I've got quite a few of the 70s boxings of the Battle of Britain "Superkits". Some to "Collect", some to build/ruin (delete as applicable). Not because, like your good self, you were lucky enough to get one for Christmas (Jammy so and so) but precisely because I didn't get any of them as a kid. How I wanted them though, and oh! the childhood trauma I endured for being denied the Roy Cross adorned boxes with the 1/24 plasticky goodness within. How I stared up at them in the toy shops, how I nagged my parents every birthday and Christmas....I even bent Santa's ear in the Grotto at the Co-op department store one year. All in vain though. Only one thing for it...buy em all up now! Of course, the major drawback being the size of the hangars they come in. Tricky blighters to sneak under the Chain Home system of C in C House. 

Super detailing the life out of the 109E at the moment and having a proper blast. These are still fun kits to build!

Edited by fightersweep

On a few websites I set a few reminder messages for kits that are out of production with little hope of seeing them for quite a while. Well, got a bite today, and have a new 1:12 Tamiya JPS Lotus 72D with the etch updates on it way to me. It took a large bite out of my wallet, but had planned to sell my mint original to fund it, but I think I will keep both and sell a different kit .