Hello all Im always still digging for info in the world of sci-fi models. I used to play the “Battletech RPG” when I was younger. Does anyone make the mechs as scale models ? Ive seen the metal figurines online. Theyre nice however I'm looking for actual models to build and customize ? Do anyone of the Gundam makers do anything ? Or will i have to just buy a larger Gundam and modify it ? Either way Id be looking for bigger than 1/100 scale as i could adapt parts or stand it next to figures of an approximate size. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Dennis

As far as I am aware, only the Rifleman and Marauder are ripped off from Macross... Actually I think there's a Valkyrie but can't remember it's name in Battletech lore. You can buy a 1/20 scale Super Valkyrie, but expect to get a loan out for it.

The only "kits" of Mechs I know off are free to download papercraft models. I am planning a scale model of a Stormcrow/Ryoken, just need to plan it out first.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LotusArenco said:

Have a google for ‘Macross kits’. Some of the mechs will look incredibly familiar.;)

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189119

And 'Revell Robotech'

Mart

The link takes me to what i know as a “Warhammer” mech. Perfect thanks now i have a good direction to look in. I completely forgot the “Macross” connection. 

2 hours ago, Dazzio said:

As far as I am aware, only the Rifleman and Marauder are ripped off from Macross... Actually I think there's a Valkyrie but can't remember it's name in Battletech lore. You can buy a 1/20 scale Super Valkyrie, but expect to get a loan out for it.

The only "kits" of Mechs I know off are free to download papercraft models. I am planning a scale model of a Stormcrow/Ryoken, just need to plan it out first.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Thanks this will at least help point me in a good direction. I completely forgot theyre descendants of the “Macross” saga. 

They still make what was called a museum scale mech in metal. They stood about 3 to 6 inches tall.  They where a tad smaller than a Gundam 1/144 scale kit. These are still available through Iron Wind Metals. The last time I checked the Battlemaster, Atlas, Zeus, Vulture and Timber Wolf were the only mechs available. 

Here is the link to the store.

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=16_44_199

Here is a pic of a museum scale mech beside a game scale mech. The last mech is a Battleforce scale mech. They all are Timber Wolfs (Mad Cats) BTW.

pEtxoJ5.jpg

There was a company called Horizon that made the Timber Wolf and Vulture in 1/35 scale. Unfortunately they are very OOP and go for obscene amounts of money. The last one I saw sold for north of $380 about 10  years ago.

There was also a garage kit maker called FCY who made resin kits of a few mechs about 10 years ago. He did a Hunchback, Puma, Templar and UrbanMech. His stuff is even more rare than the Horizon stuff.

This is his Hunchback IIC.

Hunchback.JPG

Here's what I would do if I where you, there are tons of 3d files of mechs online that you can get for free. I'd take those files scale them how you like and print them yourself at Shapways. Most of these files are from games so the designs have been tweaked since the 80s.

For example the orginal Stalker.

3025_Stalker1.jpg

Mini

20-862.jpg

New art

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx6vQw2SCHG2J0fq3jcDd

New 3d printed mini

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwORlhviWKsA1HUUfjh3O

• Like 2

The mechs from anime are called the unseens. They are mechs that are not allowed to be seen in battletech fiction. Battletech reintroduced the unseen with new art called the reseen. Some of the new art was liked some was not. The writers tried again a few years ago with newer art some have dubbed the re reseen. And to make it even more confusing the games have remade these mechs another time. Here is the Battletech Wiki article on the subject. I think they are maybe two dozen designs out of litteraly thousands of designs from the game.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

An example from the Warhammer you mentioned 

Original

3025_warhammer.jpg?timestamp=20130421083

Reseen

640px-nv2zm4cxb4s2duzm6g9mwiujaq1pejs.pn

Re reseen aka classics

640px-l0q0t8aw4uy2cppjz1c13feul5vq2vb.pn

Finally MWO 

640px-ptyowbsv47fcv7auf9uhx72g7p9t1bp.pn

Confusing isn't it.

• Thanks 1

A number of the mechs from the original iteration of the Batteltech game also came from the anime "Fang of the Sun Dougram" (or just Dougram).  Takara made a large range of kits in the 1980s in several scales, and many of these were re-popped by Revell under the Robotech line.  More recently, Japanese manufacturers have been making all-new kits of some of the hardware from this series - Wave and/or Max Factory, I want to say? 

• Thanks 1

Saw this today and thought of you. A guy on Reddit just started a 3d MWO Awesome print. I think he said it's 1/35 or maybe 1/48. I'll ask.

2018-05-27_06-40-45

2018-05-27_06-40-33

2018-05-27_06-39-53

I'm not sure which version he is building but here is the 9Q

download (2)

Here is the 8Q

AWS-8Q

Just so you have an idea of what your 3d prints will look like.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I recently "completed" a 1/48 Valkyrie on a carrier deck - like the opening sequence from Robotech the animated series and prior (2014) to that I did a 1/72 Regult in a city scene (Macross City).

• Thanks 1

Hi Dennis,

Here we go, firstly the Regult.

30608120638_3bf9d95a0a_o.jpgPICT0001 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

30608119158_3fe4cfb88d_o.jpgPICT0006 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

44427828532_9e70614e73_o.jpgPICT0009 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

And here is the Valkyrie, still needs one ore two items to round it off.

42668552540_cab021da2a_o.jpgIMG-20170808-WA0004 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

42668551860_2c85971faa_o.jpgIMG-20170808-WA0008 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

43567786295_239503bab2_o.jpgIMG-20170808-WA0010 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

43567785835_84b665cfb8_o.jpgIMG-20170808-WA0013 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

I have a 30th Anniversary 1/72 Minmea battleroid and a 1/48 Super Valkyrie still awaiting my attention. Still want to get a 1/72 Gerwalker and another battleroid or two - check HobbylinkJapan

Gavin 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Neat to see that "evolution" of the Warhammer mech, thank you, Thud4444.

IMHO while the newest variations are drawn and rendered extremely well, whoever designs them has made them less distinct and more generic looking.

If you have access to 3d printing there are plenty of 3d models on-line.

Cheers

• Thanks 1