Meteor glazing.

stevej60

Hi folk's,finished Tamiya's F1 apart from the glazing,there are two styles in the box one with a dome on the top and one without,I've finished her

as the operational rather than the prototype. build's out there seem to show both types used by different modeller's and can't find a good photo

of YQ-Y the scheme I've built,any thought's?

Edited by stevej60

8 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

E, or Y?  Not that it probably makes a difference, but I found your Centenary build and assume that's the one in question.  Heading for the books...

Hi GB,it's Y being built.

If this is the 'Y' you are looking for, I found the same shot in the 'in Action' book, but this one's much clearer.  I don't see any hint of the bulge? [Edit: but keep reading...]  (Note that you can click on 'Original File' and zoom in with that one.) The teardrop fairing does 'disappear' in some images, but I would think we'd be able to see something in this image!

bob

p.s. Another image, where once again the chap is in just the wrong place, but it might be useful for other details.

p.p.s. Eureka!  Again, look at the big BIG version, and note the curving arc of fasteners, straight above the center of the windscreen.  I still can't see any bulge or mirror that would be under the bulge, but would they have a separate piece of Perspex in that position if there was no reason for it?  [I can see the fastener line in the first image, too, now, but I still don't see any hint of mirror or bulge.  Could it be that it was either not fitted for whatever reason, or removed and replaced by a "flush" panel, perhaps to get an extra 1 mph of speed?

Edited by gingerbob