Hello

Hi all,

New member here. I've just started to get back in to building kits, primarily model cars. Actually after a bit of advice - I have a Testors/ Italieri Ferrari GT California Spyder kit [apparently very rare] which is still bagged in the box. I am thinking of selling it as I don't think I could bring myself to build it. Anyone have any tips as to value etc?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geordie_modeller 2018 said:

I am thinking of selling it as I don't think I could bring myself to build it. Anyone have any tips as to value etc?

Welcome to Britmodeller, and welcome back to the hobby.

As far as your kit is concerned, you won't be able to sell it here are the moment – you would need at least 100 posts before you will be allow to. These days, things are only worth as much as they sell for on Ebay, so I would advise you to head there.

Gorby

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Geordie ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from Chicago USA. Gorby is correct your best bet is ebay. Though why not save the kit till you feel comfortable enough to tackle it ? Buy some cheaper kits to practice on. Once you bring your skills/techniques up to the level you think is needed. Then you can reward yourself by building it.

Dennis

:welcome: aboard Jason - Gorby's right about what he says about selling your model.  eBay can be a useful tool to let the kit find its natural value (sometimes this doesn't work due to lack of bidders), and the guys here tend to pay sensible money for kits, without going "red mist" like eBay encourages.  Or... you could just build it? ;)