Hello from Biggin Hill

wekusta

Hi,

I'll keep this short so as not to cause too many viewers to fall asleep....😴.

I joined this site in 2014 - sorry did not realise it was that long ago 😱 - and only now decided to post here.

Have "lurked" a great deal over the last few years and regularly view the "Ready for Inspection" and "Work in Progress" forums - this may have resulted in my low output as I look them and get concerned that I will never reach the standard that many of you frequently achieve. Mind you I have learnt a lot from viewing Britmodeller.

I have now taken "enforced" retirement as my company went bust (last Oct)  18 months prior to my retirement date - I had worked there for a total of 41 years. So now have time on my hands to actually do some modelling, research etc.

My sole contribution following joining was to supply Julien with a few Spitfire walk-around photos.

Modelling interests - 

(1) Busts

(2) Some figure modelling (54mm and 120mm)

(3) Aircraft

(4) Armour

(5) I have some ships in the stash as well.

There are somewhere between 50 and 75 models in my stash - I am trying hard not to buy more but the flesh is weak.

Where aircraft are concerned I seem to be a serial starter and, therefore, need to start completing some models.

My last completed model, of any sort, was a Medieval Life Boat (Zevzda) earlier this year.

Other relevant interests:

Military history research - specifically Luftwaffe WWII with more interest in the Recce, Transport and Airfield units. (If you follow the links from my signature you will see some of my interests). I have a large(ish) library of books (both physical and pdf) covering aircraft, armour etc  - so if I can assist with research material please let me know.

Hope that this serves to introduce me to you all - I promise I will try to actually contribute to the forum but it may take a while.......😇

Thanks for reading.

OK you can wake up now! 👨‍🎓

• Like 1

Welcome indeed.

Shameless pitch time: can I interest you in a model club in Sevenoaks?  We're always very happy to take on a new member and we already have one in Biggin Hill, so you could share the petrol costs!  Drop me a personal message if you'd like more details.

Welcome - I'm just down the road from you in Sundridge. 

If you fancy popping along to a club, we're a very friendly bunch who meet in Sevenoaks on the second Friday of the month. You'd be most welcome!

Tom

EDIT: I see Sean just beat me to the club invite!

Edited by tomprobert

Tom/Sean,

My, that was quick!

Thank you for the welcome and a great many thanks for the invite. Was not aware of a club so close.:worthy:

I will seriously consider this but would ask if I can defer until later in the year - baby steps and all that.

Again many thanks.

17 hours ago, wekusta said:

I have now taken "enforced" retirement as my company went bust (last Oct)  18 months prior to my retirement date - I had worked there for a total of 41 years. So now have time on my hands to actually do some modelling, research etc.

Hi Andy,

reading your bio and thinking that sounds like me, then saw your name, ‘welcome’ to BM!   ‘Early’ retirement is just what I could do with, time in very short supply, so every cloud and all that, hopefully the pension is safe and sound !!

FalkeEins,

Many thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately, living on savings and redundancy money and waiting for the PPF to pull their thumb out......:hmmm: 

Best Regards