1/72 Special Hobby Curtiss P-40N & Kittyhawk Mk. Ia

Hi

Here are my last builds with these two Curtiss fighters from Special Hobby.

First, this is the P-40N-5 s/n 42-105233 from the 89th Fighter Squadron / 80th Fighter Group in 1944 and based in Assam, East India. She was painted with Olive Drab and Neutral Grey from the Aqueous Gunze range. Decals came from the box. I added the resin wheels from CMK 72295 and the seat from 72294.

m_527513806_0.jpg

m_527513809_0.jpg

Second is the Kittyhawk Mk. Ia AK772 of the No 112 Squadron RAF in spring 1942 somewhere in Libya. The paint came from Gunze for the Dark Earth and Middle Stone and from Xtracrylics for the Azure Blue. Inside the cockpit, I used CMK 72301 side panels and 72293 seat.

m_527513811_0.jpg

m_527513813_0.jpg

Both builds will be published in Tamiya Model Magazine French Edition.

m_527513805_0.jpg

Comment are welcome.

Patrick

• Like 50

Delicious double!

The resin wheels on the first model stand out, and I also like the skull head decal.

But it is really hard to say which one I like better, both camo schemes are very well executed.

The sharkmouth on the desert plane is very attractive too!

• Thanks 1

Both look amazing and that skull certainly makes the Olive Drab more interesting, however the desert scheme (and the way you've finished it) looks fantastic...I have a soft spot for that livery.

• Thanks 1

Great stuff VG 33.  I'm a big fan of the P-40, how did these Special Hobby ones go together?  I might have to get some.

Andrew

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2018 at 11:13 AM, Andwil said:

Great stuff VG 33.  I'm a big fan of the P-40, how did these Special Hobby ones go together?  I might have to get some.

Andrew

These were easy to build. As a proof I glued the transparencies after the paint job.

Patrick

• Thanks 1