1/144 Airfix B737-200ADV Air Zimbabwe

Here is my 737 I recently finished for the Boeing 737 Group Build. It was a great experience and I saw many excellent models being built, I only regret I couldn't find more time to comment on the other threads, I merely finished my build before the deadline!

I saw the real plane in november 2010 at Victoria Falls airport, during a trip I made to South Africa and Zimbabwe. It was love at first sight and I just had to build it but, as you know, sometimes things don't go so smoothly and I managed to do it only eight years later. If you do a Google search you'll find that Z-WPA is still going strong, though in a much more plain livery: there are even a pair of trip reports on Youtube.

I made a few changes to the basic kit: I used Authentic Airliners resin engines, the nose was cut and replaced with a resin copy of the DACO 737-400 one. The main wheel bay is scratchbuilt and surface detail rescribed on wings and tailplanes. Wing vortex generators and landing lights are from Authentic Airliners decals. Livery is from classicairlines.com. The build thread is here:

Thanks for looking!

P_20180520_122552P_20180520_122616P_20180520_122631P_20180520_122650

• Like 23

Yep, love this one Fabio! Really colourful. Looks like a good recovery with the extra white you had to spray after the decals were applied, very lucky they didn't lift! :phew:

Do you have any more airliners on the go?

Cheers,

Ian

Glad you liked the subject, thank you all for the positive comments!

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, Turbofan said:

Yep, love this one Fabio! Really colourful. Looks like a good recovery with the extra white you had to spray after the decals were applied, very lucky they didn't lift! :phew:

Do you have any more airliners on the go?

Cheers,

Ian

Actually they DID lift, even using Post It instead of masking tape :poo:

For a moment I felt pure terror, but luckily the decal film is quite robust and I managed to recover the fragment and put it again in position.

You'll understand that I need a relaxing project for the following build with very little decals to apply :wink:

Currently I have an F-RSIN ATR42 in my shelf of doom which I would like to complete, but not in the immediate future.

Cheers

Fabio