1/20 scale resin bike?

Not sure of what this is or its origin but I picked the kit up from AliExpress for just over a tenner. It's a nice kit goes together very well. I added the barrier to the base and the brake cable and exhaust pipe, I have made a hash of the dials but I'm  OK with that. The base will end up being used on my YT build that why the posters are from the book Snowcrash. 

2018-04-16_04-15-06

IMG_20180520_091024.jpg
IMG_20180520_091010.jpg
IMG_20180520_090955.jpg
IMG_20180520_090936.jpg
IMG_20180520_090912.jpg
IMG_20180520_090846.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 13

Great little model and very nicely executed its is too. I like your choice of colour and the weathering is just right to my eyes, the base is a little work of art on its own what was the technique you used for the distressing ? It's a really nice effect and I want to steal it lol

the design of the bike looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it, I thought it might have been from the Oblivion movie but I had a quick look at images and it's not that one.

Pete

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brundledonk said:

what was the technique you used for the distressing ? It's a really nice effect and I want to steal it lol

Cheers Peter. 

The weathering is just good old stippling a bit of pastel and a flat coat, nothing fancy here. If you want info on the paint and pastels used just let me know and I will post up here for you. 

Cheers Brian. 

Really tempted by this, your colours make me want to see one in white and also to try a ‘rat bike’ Look with a lot of rust coming through. Love the base you have built there

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 8:59 PM, rockpopandchips said:

Cheers Peter. 

The weathering is just good old stippling a bit of pastel and a flat coat, nothing fancy here. If you want info on the paint and pastels used just let me know and I will post up here for you. 

Cheers Brian. 

yes please Brian, it would be great to have the info as i'll definitely be using this technique for a base for my Gundam

Pete

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 11:57 PM, Brundledonk said:

yes please Brian, it would be great to have the info as i'll definitely be using this technique for a base for my Gundam

Pete

I will get to it I keep forgetting, sorry.

22 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

nice model - looks like it belongs in Bladerunner

Thanks, yes it is very Bladerunner, you got any more massive resin kits to start?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, rockpopandchips said:

I will get to it I keep forgetting, sorry.

Thanks, yes it is very Bladerunner, you got any more massive resin kits to start?

Hi there - yep - I have Randy Coopers new Star Destroyer and a shed load of 3D for it - however I am having a break from Resin for a bit and are tinkering with some Dinosaurs from Pegasus Hobbies for a bit of a diverse change. I just sold off an unbuilt Anigrand avenger Star Destroyer so the big ressie backlog has diminished a bit

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 8:51 PM, Vince1159 said:

If you put that on a drag strip there's only two things to do,hold on and pray...Lovely looking bike :yes:....

That's the only way to ride...... Well it used to be 20+ years ago. RGV250 + Castrol  2 stroke = bliss......... Well for about 200 milies anyway before you had to rebuild the grear box. 

1 hour ago, rockpopandchips said:

That's the only way to ride...... Well it used to be 20+ years ago. RGV250 + Castrol  2 stroke = bliss......... Well for about 200 milies anyway before you had to rebuild the grear box. 

Sigh, ride to “Pit Stop” in town for a new set of rings on a Saturday, Sunday tap out a new set of gaskets, fit the rings and (sort of) run in, rag it all week... rinse and repeat... oh the joy of the 2 stroke and Casi R! 

I'm going to have to look at adding a bike kit to my stash, but I want 1:12 scale so that a scout trooper can have a new ride!  Such a pity this particular kit is 1:10 or it would have been perfect. 

• Like 1