1/48 Fleet Air Arm Figure

Chewbacca

Does anyone know of a source of 1/48 Fleet Air Arm figures?  I'm actually looking for all periods from the start of WW2 to present day for the various Navy aircraft that I am working on or have in the stash.  Years ago I bought a cracking set of white metal figures which included one SHAR pilot and two ground crew in typical early 1980s foulies, flight deck surcoats etc but that's about it as far as I can see,  I've converted Eduard US Navy ground crew figures for the Martlet diorama and I'm in the process of modifying some CMK RAF WW2 pilots to represent a Firefly crew in 1946, but despite extensive searches, I cannot find any dedicated FAA personnel in 1/48.  With the resurgent interest in both this scale and RN aviation, I would have thought that someone might do them.  Grateful for any suggestions.

• Thanks 1

I have nothing to add but my support.  I would like 1/48 sets of WWII Pilots and Ground Crew figures myself.  Pilots in Working rig and Flight gear, American Overalls or British shirt and shorts with Mae Wests and British Parachute harness etc...  Ground crew dressed for various weather conditions.

PP Models did some 1/48 figures, aircrew and handling crew.  I've got sets FIG 401 and FIG 402. I've also got white metal aircrew for the 1/48 Swordfish , Don't know the maker but the label says KSHG 74 (Scale 1:48). Didn't Airwaves produce some white metal figures?

Dave

The Swordfish figures are Hecker & Goros, listed by Parabellum.

Edited by davepb
Updated information.

Thanks.  Those KHSG074 are still available (I found them for sale on Michtoy.com) but unfortunately they're the only RN figures they do in 1/48.  Can't find any listed in the Airwaves catalogue and the only PP models I can find is Peter Pig but they're all 15mm wargaming figures now.

Thanks everyone for your responses, there does appear to be more out there than I thought though still limited when compared to the plethora of German and US figures.

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:28, bootneck said:

Royal Marines had pilots who flew FAA aircraft.

Mike

I must confess that although I know that the Royal Marines have flown helicopters with the Royal Navy since the Malayan conflict and Sea Harriers during the 90s and early part of this century, and I knew that some RMLI formed the nucleus of the Royal Naval Air service, I hadn't appreciated that they also flew with distinction with the FAA during WW2 until I read your post and did some investigating.