Parasaurolophus Diorama Set - Tamiya 1/35

19 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Aiieee.....My eyes!  :o

That's some colourful plastic.....Sunglasses may help.  :coolio:

Hi Sarge, yup I'm itching to put a coat of something on it...

Managed to get a little more done. Generally the joints have been reasonably good. I haven't had to do as much filling as I'd had to with some of my other dinos'...

First I got the rear legs attached - amazingly it balances brilliantly:

40573624730_cffb83bbe4_b.jpg

41658010174_af1d7c0f4e_b.jpg

Front legs on -  starting to come together

42407145031_4b19643a99_b.jpg

42407144131_e93f5839c5_b.jpg

Finally the head - but which one? what sex will win?

42415335011_005e366886_b.jpg

42415334551_3790eb6761_b.jpg

I decided the male head looked tidier so I am going to possibly go a little more colourful...

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

I got around to banishing most of the hideous florescent green  colour by using a couple of thinned coats Humbrol's Desert Yellow  using flat brushes. 

40689533290_ca135cb1e1_b.jpg   

41775056044_1500262eeb_b.jpg 

I also started work on the Nyctosaurus'

40689532900_54b25db658_b.jpg  

Progress may slow down a little more (if that's possible...) Work is intruding, unfortunately as it's that time of year... Anyway hopefully I'll decide on a proper colour scheme - suggestions welcomed!

• Like 10

Nice paint job, Mrs. P :clap:

As for the paint scheme, I'd go with invasion stripes ... oops no, sorry - that's for the birds :rofl:

Ok, I'll get my :coat:

Ciao

• Haha 5

Nice paint job! Now that the glare from the lurid green plastic has been dulled down, you get a much better look at the moulding detail. Looking forward to seeing where you go next with it :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Hi Mrs Stix!

Glad to see you back in action! Great work so far and excellent job on the primer coat :clap2:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jrlx said:

Hi Mrs Stix!

Glad to see you back in action! Great work so far and excellent job on the primer coat :clap2:

Cheers

Jaime

Thanks Jaime, I've ordered some colours to try out for the beastie - the flying 'saurs are probably going to be grey based...🤔

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 8:56 AM, clive_t said:

Nice paint job! Now that the glare from the lurid green plastic has been dulled down, you get a much better look at the moulding detail. Looking forward to seeing where you go next with it :thumbsup2:

Thanks Clive  -  🙂 There's going to be a bit of delay until my paint arrives, but I should be able to do something on the flyers this weekend!

On 6/5/2018 at 11:33 PM, Rob G said:

Caunter scheme for the desert, maybe? Mickey Mouse? Berlin Brigade? (I'd PAY to see that!) All this assumes that they're British forces, of course. :D

Hummm! I had to take time to ask Stix about this as my knowledge is very limited...they are all very sound suggestions, depends how much cash you've got... :evil_laugh: 

Of course it's British - but as it came from USA, maybe an American style would be more appropriate...🤔

On 6/5/2018 at 10:24 PM, giemme said:

Nice paint job, Mrs. P :clap:

As for the paint scheme, I'd go with invasion stripes ... oops no, sorry - that's for the birds :rofl:

Ok, I'll get my :coat:

Ciao

Thanks - but you are incorrigible Giorgio! - look what you started... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Well,  I've finally got around to finishing the diorama - but not as it is on the box... I incorporated a baby Parasaurolophus from the Mesozoic set instead of the Nyctosaurus supplied. I wanted to do a similar parent and child diorama to  the Chasmasaurs and Brachiosaurs... Another reason was that Nyctosaurus are really not my favourite dinos. I may include them in a future build along with the rest of the Mesozoic set.

50192712788_fa3a447da4_b.jpg 

I decided to get on with some of my Dino stash after taking part in the last Blitz Build. Building an Egg plane was fun and made me want to get on. So I was working on a Tamiya Stegosaurus Stenops kit as I was doing the base for the Parasaurolophus. 

Making the Cycads plants was interesting. I thought they'd be more difficult, but using PVA glue helped and they were quite relaxing to complete. 

50193264071_6980f88178_b.jpg

To see more photos I'll be posting more in the figures RFI section...

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, clive_t said:

Great dio, love the vegetation! I have that 'baby dino' set too, I've set it aside for my grandson for if and when he gets into modelling!

Thanks Clive, I got the set because it had some 'different' creatures in it. The baby T Rex will be part of my next diorama, should I ever finish it! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mrs PlaStix said:

Thanks Clive, I got the set because it had some 'different' creatures in it. The baby T Rex will be part of my next diorama, should I ever finish it! 

Look forward to that. Mind you, this thread had a fair few layers of sediment covering it from when it was previously updated :D  Well worth the wait though :)

21 hours ago, Ron NL-S said:

I love it!

Quality of the kits looks good. Better than the stegosaurus. More refined.

I am looking forward to the other one.

Thanks Ron, Tamiya brought out a range of kits - the earlier ones are much rougher, but in some ways I quite like the texture - it's easier to bring out than the later finer models! I've still got a couple more kits to build form the later phase, T Rex is on going... 🦖

16 hours ago, jrlx said:

Great job! The diorama turned out very good!

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime,Thanks!  How's things with you? I've been tied up with school and lockdown and have only got back into building when Stix suggested taking part in the Blitz build..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mrs PlaStix said:

Hi Jaime,Thanks!  How's things with you? I've been tied up with school and lockdown and have only got back into building when Stix suggested taking part in the Blitz build..

Hi Mrs Stix!

I've been working from home since mid-March due to COVID-19. First we were under State of Emergency till the end of April. After that things have been slowly returning to normal, but I will only return to office in September. I like working from home and it suits my day job perfectly but it can be quite exhausting.

In the meanwhile I got my C2-level German Language certificate and managed to finish two models: an Ekranoplan A-90 and a B-1 Excalibur

I'm now working on a AH-1G Cobra for the Helicopter GB, but progress has been slow and I still have to update the build thread with the latest work. I'm also enlisted in the BoB GB with a Do-17z but haven't resumed work on it yet...

What's your next project?

Jaime

• Like 1

21 hours ago, giemme said:

Glad to see this completed,  Mrs.P ! :clap: Smart idea with adding the baby saur to the diorama :thumbsup:

Ciao 

Thanks Giorgio, 

It took way too long, but it was good to finally get it done. I'm now thinking I should possibly finish some of my AFV's - but, hopefully, there will be time for that...

• Like 1