F4U Corsair STGB Chat

Its been an absolute pleasure co-hosting this fantastic GB.

There have been some truly fantastic builds and a wonderful openness and willing to share the various techniques and tips that people have picked up or worked out themselves over the years, part of what makes britmodeller such an excellent forum.

A big thank you to all who have taken part.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Big thanks to @Corsairfoxfouruncle @modelling minion and @Col. for hosting a brilliant STGB, it really helped me get my modelling mojo back that was lost during lockdown.

And well done to all who participated, I've seen countless amazing builds and voting is going to be very difficult when the poll opens.

Paul

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Dennis, you must have a house filled with Corsairs

I have in the past but most were scrapped as being unsatisfactory. I am rebuilding my collection now. 

3 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

it really helped me get my modelling mojo back that was lost during lockdown.

Im very happy that it helped you Paul. 

Thank you to everyone for the kind words as well. 

• Like 3

@Corsairfoxfouruncle, Enzo Matrix,@modelling minion, and @Col. I want to thank you for the opportunity to join in the Corsair Group Build. It was not only fun, but highly educational with all the different techniques and  ways of achieving the goal of building the Corsair. I will have to agree with HoolioPaulio, voting on my favorite will be difficult.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oops! Thought this ended on the 31st d'oh 🙃!

Just waiting on some white glue to dry then I'll take some final pics and post in my thread.

Thanks to the hosts and other builders for useful inspiration and reference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the hosts and other builders for this group build on what is in fact one of my favorite aircraft

and thanks also to those who gave me their vote, for me it is the first "#1 place" even if ex-aequo :frantic:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Pierpaolo said:

Thanks to the hosts and other builders for this group build on what is in fact one of my favorite aircraft

and thanks also to those who gave me their vote, for me it is the first "#1 place" even if ex-aequo :frantic:

Congratulations to you Pierpaolo, and to @Dansk and @Cookenbacher

Very deserving of the winning places  - Fabulous builds!! :clap::clap::clap:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1