F4U Corsair STGB Chat

18 minutes ago, almac said:

Evening Dennis, just came across this GB and as I have a few Corsairs in 1/72 it is a great excuse to build one.

Welcome aboard Allan... of course i would add anytime is a good time to build a Corsair.😉 Looking forward to seeing what you build. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis . For the last GB I intended to build a F4u from the El Salvador air force display team so I'll  go for that one this time.

Cheers Allan

• Like 2

The camouflage Salvadorian Corsair looks way to complex for me. My choice is much simpler.

spacer.png

I've also found some decals for an Argentinian F4u-5n which I forgot I had. Don't know the manufacturer as I don't have an instruction sheet. It looks like a good option as well.

Cheers Allan

Edited by almac
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, almac said:

I've also found some decals for an Argentinian F4u-5n which I forgot I had. Don't know the manufacturer as I don't have an instruction sheet.

Its probably the old Microscale sheet. I have the same one in 1/48th i can photograph it and send you the photo's if you want ? 

25 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its probably the old Microscale sheet. I have the same one in 1/48th i can photograph it and send you the photo's if you want ? 

Thanks Dennis I would appreciate that. 

Cheers Allan

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Hi Dennis,

Can you add me to the list please? Another 1/72 Tamiya F4U-1D (have to save the Heller Corsair for the Heller GB!)

Thanks,

Hello Johnson... You're added to the list and I will be looking forward to your build. I truly understand about saving the Heller kit. 

I've just freaked myself out.  :(    Having bought the recent CtA decals sheets covering the Jolly Rogers, I've found there are three F4Us on the sheets: a -1, a -1A and a -4.

So it looks like they are my choices...  :frantic: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've just freaked myself out.  :(    Having bought the recent CtA decals sheets covering the Jolly Rogers, I've found there are three F4Us on the sheets: a -1, a -1A and a -4.

So it looks like they are my choices...  :frantic: 

Those should be nice Enzo... But wont your body go through withdrawals, ... these aren't Hellcats you know? Ive seen you do at least 1/2 dozen Grumman's this year. 

31 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

well i wouldn't object to them being built in conjunction with the three Vought’s. However they couldnt make a gallery appearance.    

I wouldn't include them in the build thread either, but there's a very good chance that they will get built.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Col. said:

Was wondering if VF-84 used them as well :) 

They did but were known as VF-17 then. And quite a famous outfit, Tommy Blackburn was CO. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Thomas_Blackburn

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Right, I've decided I'm in if that's OK, @Corsairfoxfouruncle? Not sure what scale (either 1/72nd or 1/48th), but I do know it'll be an FAA Corsair II with clipped wing-tips, and Extra Dark Sea Grey/Dark Slate Grey/Sky camouflage (or the ANA equivalents, depending on the markings I choose). I need to do some research on which kits would suit the project best. Fortunately, I enjoy that phase almost as much as painting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Laidlaw said:

I've decided I'm in if that's OK, @Corsairfoxfouruncle? Not sure what scale (either 1/72nd or 1/48th), but I do know it'll be an FAA Corsair II with clipped wing-tips, and Extra Dark Sea Grey/Dark Slate Grey/Sky camouflage (or the ANA equivalents,

Ive added you sir, welcome aboard. 

• Like 2