F4U Corsair STGB Chat

9 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

you don't have anything amongst your piles of kits in loft?' comment off SWMBO 🙄

All SWMBO’s must think the same. I have signed you up and I thank you for your interest, im looking forward to seeing you build. 

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Aye, go on then, why not :)  You need a co-host as well? If so I'll be happy to help on that front as well. I've an Italeri -7 with Aeronavale decals in 72nd and a Trumpeter -1d that's planned to be a Royal Navy machine in 32nd scale already in the stash but also a set of decals for a 48th scale RN Corsair that really warrants the purchase of a Tamiya kit to save them going to waste ;) 

• Thanks 1

Hello @rafalbert, @Ozzy, & @Col. :worthy: Many Thanks for signing up! Im looking forward to all of your Bent Wing builds. Col. I would be glad to call you my co-host, with all the wonderful work you’ve done with the NATO GB’s. No you mustn't let those R.N. Decals go to waste. I have put all of you gentlemen down on the list. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

I assume this will be next years build, so can I play please?  

If you let me play the Corsair I'll build will be FAA I'm thinking either:-

PN Charlton's OP Tungsten Corsair (TSS Standard decals) or

R Hays 47th NFW BPF aircraft 

Not sure which..

• Thanks 1

Go on then Dennis you can stick my name down.

Don't have a kit in the stash as yet but probably will after the IPMS(UK) nationals in November, I've got a built Salvadorean one that really needs a Honduran one to oppose it. Also more than happy to give you and @Col. a hand with hosting if you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Craig @modelling minion, & @uncletommy :worthy: Many thanks for joining the build. Craig I’ve listed you as co-host along with Col. I can always use a hand. Im looking forward to seeing a Honduran Soccer war Corsair. Hello Uncletommy looking forward to seeing your Bent winged bird as well. Will it be U.S., RN, or something more exotic like craigs Honduran version ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Will it be U.S., RN, or something more exotic like craigs Honduran version ? 

Hi Dennis.

I think I’m leaning toward something that goes fast and turns left.  Again.  What can I say, I’m a sucker for race planes.  :pilot:

However  I’m not 100% certain yet.  I’ll sort it out once the GB gets firmed up.

• Like 2

Hello @Hewy, & @Black Knight ... :welcome: Aboard & Thank you for signing up. Myself and the two co-hosts are looking forward to all of the bent wing builds. Just one more to go and we’re official. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3