F4U Corsair STGB Chat

44 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

A long, long time ago in a GB far, far away HERE I completely disgraced myself with a Corsair not built. I have the same two kits in front of me so will have attempt number 4. If you'll let me play.

It's high time you got started on this one! :tease:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col. said:

It's high time you got started on this one! :tease:

Oh yes. I agree with you so there :yikes: Mojo and sanity appear to be near normal levels so maybe the tide has turned....

With the Gannet and Bolly on the go I'm confident that Airfix will announce something 1/48 related about one of them....or maybe a Corsair??

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Oh yes. I agree with you so there :yikes: Mojo and sanity appear to be near normal levels so maybe the tide has turned....

Glad to hear that :)

46 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

...With the Gannet and Bolly on the go I'm confident that Airfix will announce something 1/48 related about one of them....or maybe a Corsair??

Ooh that's a good shout. If Airfix can do the Walrus then why not a Gannet :hmmm:The Corsair would be another good seller for them. Maybe starting in 72nd scale then going to 48th a couple years later. Or straight to 24th scale :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still in on this, but for various reasons I might only be entering the one build I already listed.

Thanks to Covid, I now can't get to my LHS to pick up the second Corsair he was going to get in for me.

Where possible, I prefer to avoid building duplicates of kits in different colours if I can, though I'm not totally against it and for the purpose of an STGB I would have happily done one on the ground and one in flight (cause it is a beautiful bird).

And the final nail, I stumbled across a cheap helichopper kit on Ebay that I fell in love with, so I now have a choice of three for the Whirlybirds GB that starts the month after this.  I was originally going to split it two in each GB.

And SWMBO doesn't like me buying models to pile up in an unbuilt stash indefinitely, especially in this current climate, so I'm trying to build what I have bought.

But on the plus side, it does make me want to put everything into this one build, and make it to the best of my abilities, even if it takes the entire GB to do it :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I'm still in on this, but for various reasons I might only be entering the one build I already listed.

Thanks to Covid, I now can't get to my LHS to pick up the second Corsair he was going to get in for me.

Where possible, I prefer to avoid building duplicates of kits in different colours if I can, though I'm not totally against it and for the purpose of an STGB I would have happily done one on the ground and one in flight (cause it is a beautiful bird).

And the final nail, I stumbled across a cheap helichopper kit on Ebay that I fell in love with, so I now have a choice of three for the Whirlybirds GB that starts the month after this.  I was originally going to split it two in each GB.

And SWMBO doesn't like me buying models to pile up in an unbuilt stash indefinitely, especially in this current climate, so I'm trying to build what I have bought.

But on the plus side, it does make me want to put everything into this one build, and make it to the best of my abilities, even if it takes the entire GB to do it :)

No worries sir I understand completely on all points, Im quite sure you will make the best corsair you're able to. Yes SWMBO’s don't like unnecessary additions to the stash, I get the eye rolls and “Really ?” from mine. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Never had so many kits on the go but then again, never had so much spare time!!

Anyhow, when I was flying RC, the two kits I never managed to get round to were a Stuka and a Corsair. Hence, I've built a Stuka in an earlier GB and would love to enter this one to complete the list (regardless of scale)

If that's OK, I've treated myself to the following:

2iTAEin%5D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone... Just a friendly reminder this build kicks off on the 29th. Thats just 3 weeks from Saturday, so if you need anything or need to finalize your projects/builds this is the home stretch before the starting gun. So I will see everyone then. 👍🏻

@zegeye

@MarkSH

@zebra

@TEMPESTMK5
@CliffB

@Arniec, @gingerbob, @Blitz23, @Joss, @DaveyGair, @theplasticsurgeon, @rafalbert, @Ozzy, @Col. & @modelling minion my two Co-host’s need to be reminded. Hopefully they're not too busy already. @Grey Beema, @JackG, @uncletommy, @spaddad, @jrlx, @Jb65rams, @Hewy, @Black Knight, @vppelt68, @Thom216, @Shin, @almac, @gary from darwin, @wellzy, @Johnson, @John Laidlaw, @Erwin, @Dansk, @johnd, @rob85, @825, @moaning dolphin, @HoolioPaulio, @Cookenbacher, @LorenSharp, @TommyF, @LDSModeller, @SleeperService, @wimbledon99 

Dennis

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I had better get my act together.  I have a Seafire to build for the Spitfire / Seafire STGB, a Seafire to build for the End of War GB and a Corsair to build for the Corsair STGB after I’ve finished my ‘In the Navy’ Fulmar.  I’ll be glad when this pandemic is over - no time for modelling at the moment...

• Sad 2

I just have to finish the number plates on my Mercedes build and I've cleared the deck ready.  Can fiddle about with my Space Shuttle restoration to fill the time until this starts.  And I just upgraded the lighting in my spray booth last night :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Just a friendly reminder this build kicks off on the 29th

Just killing time and filling the void until then! Does washing your parts down count as part of the Group Build? Gives me an excuse to dig the kit out again!

Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine's looking very sorry for itself, all alone in a rather large box (his mates having already flown the nest)!

P1110389.JPG

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, moaning dolphin said:

Just killing time and filling the void until then! Does washing your parts down count as part of the Group Build? Gives me an excuse to dig the kit out again!

Bob

No.

18 hours ago, CliffB said:

Mine's looking very sorry for itself, all alone in a rather large box (his mates having already flown the nest)!

P1110389.JPG

Cheers

He can join them soon. 😉

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, I forgot about this one. I will see if I can find a kit.

You’ve got until August so not a big rush.

14 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Dennis

Thank you for this reminder I will do my best to participate ..

Best Regards

Patrice

I know your busy with your own group build, if you can get in by august great if not I will understand. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3