F4U Corsair STGB Chat

Hi Dennis,

I have the kit - nice looking 1/72 Tamiya, but I’m struggling with the Spitfire STGB, something to do with having two grandchildren under my feet (lovely though it is!)

I’ll try to be there!

Cheers,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnson said:

Hi Dennis,

I have the kit - nice looking 1/72 Tamiya, but I’m struggling with the Spitfire STGB, something to do with having two grandchildren under my feet (lovely though it is!)

I’ll try to be there!

Cheers,

Fully understandable, If you can join us we do look forward to seeing your build. If you need to take care of the younglings, we understand that as well. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Fully understandable, If you can join us we do look forward to seeing your build. If you need to take care of the younglings, we understand that as well. 

True enough.  Gotta get your priorities right.  However, maybe @Johnson's younglings might like to join in!   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Just spent a good part of the day researching my subject, unfortunately a lot of the research involved a visit to Hannants web site! :shocked:💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲:boom: Hopefully it all arrives in plenty of time!:D

Bob

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moaning dolphin said:

Just spent a good part of the day researching my subject, unfortunately a lot of the research involved a visit to Hannants web site! :shocked:💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲:boom: Hopefully it all arrives in plenty of time!:D

Bob

Hopefully it was worth the expenditure. Im looking forward to seeing what you get and build. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blitz23 said:

I suppose I should I actually get a kit sorted 😅

Unless you want to build a 1:1 corsair which would definitely count for bonus points. 😉 Then a kit is probably a good idea, though we have until August so not a major rush. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, John Laidlaw said:

A quick question for @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Col. and @modelling minion - do we need to fully document the build, or is this a "post photos, etc., when you remember" sort of GB? Ta!

Usually the more photos the better, but you don't have to document every blob of paint applied or every piece glued to another. What is to be avoided is a leap from box and contents straight to finished item, not really in the spirit of things as the more we can post the more each of us can learn from each other.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Usually the more photos the better, but you don't have to document every blob of paint applied or every piece glued to another. What is to be avoided is a leap from box and contents straight to finished item, not really in the spirit of things as the more we can post the more each of us can learn from each other.

Many thanks for that - I tend to take photos at significant stages, so that seems like it'll work. Much appreciated!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Laidlaw said:

A quick question for @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Col. and @modelling minion - do we need to fully document the build, or is this a "post photos, etc., when you remember" sort of GB? Ta!

I would say not everything, sprue shots showing little or no work done. Then major steps like cockpit, fuselage closed, wings added and the paint/decal stages. So five photo’s minimum, or five groups. You don't have to do a book for each stage, but one to three  photo's per stage would be enough for me. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I would say not everything, sprue shots showing little or no work done. Then major steps like cockpit, fuselage closed, wings added and the paint/decal stages. So five photo’s minimum, or five groups. You don't have to do a book for each stage, but one to three  photo's per stage would be enough for me. 

Dennis

Perfect - thanks, Dennis. I can blather with the best, but would rather keep it to briefer descriptions and a selection of photos.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

...or is this a "post photos, etc., when you remember" sort of GB? Ta!

Otherwise known as 'Doing an Enzo' :lol: 

• Haha 4

Hello everyone... Well This should be moving to the current section here shortly. So in the interest of being fair I'm reminding everyone of the start. @zegeye, @MarkSH, @zebra, Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 when you are able to join us. @CliffB, @Arniec, @gingerbob, @Blitz23, @Joss, @DaveyGair, @theplasticsurgeon, @rafalbert, @Ozzy, @Grey Beema, @JackG, @uncletommy, @spaddad, @jrlx, @Jb65rams, @Hewy, @Black Knight, @vppelt68, @Thom216, @Shin, @almac, @gary from darwin, @wellzy, @Johnson, @Erwin, @johnd, @rob85, @825, @moaning dolphin, @HoolioPaulio, Cookie @Cookenbacher, @LorenSharp, @TommyF, @LDSModeller, @SleeperService, @wimbledon99 and last but not least @GREG DESTEC the few ive omitted are @Col. & @modelling minion as theyre co-hosts. And @Dansk, @John Laidlaw as you have been very active posters to the chat thread. Im of course looking forward to seeing everyone chosen build(s) and Im sure both Craig and Col. are as well. See you next week when the :mg: sounds. 

Dennis

• Like 10

This has sneaked up on me. I’ll need to head up to the loft to find my Corsair kits.

Cheets Allan 

• Like 1

Locked and Loaded Dennis, Ready for Bear... or Corsair

38 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

Yep! all ready to rock and roll, along with the Lancaster, Black Widow, Heinkel 177, a U-boat and two Buccaneers :frantic:

And a partridge in a pear tree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

My build is lined up ready Dennis.

My three builds are as well, I was just sorting them while you responded. I will be building 883 Boyington’s main 1a aircraft of choice. A Corsair Mk.II in TSS, and an ancient Monogram -4b which I will try to bring up to more modern spec. Ive got a resin engine for all three and a resin cockpit for the -4b and i will be modernizing the cheesy wing folds and toylike landing gear as much as possible. Hopefully they will be successful builds. The 1/72 engine may not get built as its in about 40 pcs. And not sure I'm up to that ? 

1 hour ago, almac said:

This has sneaked up on me. I’ll need to head up to the loft to find my Corsair kits.

Cheets Allan 

You've got 13 weeks no rush. 

• Like 4