F4U Corsair STGB Chat

CHANCE-VOUGHT F4U                     

CORSAIR STGB

Hello everybody so I’m considering starting another STGB. I had planned on waiting till June to drop this in here. But I decided i couldn't wait. I was thinking of going for the Chance Vought F4U Corsair as the subject of the build. I know there was a Corsair STGB in 2016. I hope to repeat the success of that build. 

I am proposing any model of the F4U Corsair from the Prototype XF4U to F4U-7, including the AU-1(F4U-6). Yes the Brewster and Goodyear variants are allowed. They were after all license built copies with some of the own derivatives. Any Foreign operator of the type from the R.N., New Zealand, France, Argentina, El Salvador, and Honduras. From world war two to the Soccer war Corsairs. Any of the prototypes Like the F2G, F4U-3, or the Racers. 

I am open to all scales and materials including resin. I’m open to any & all Aftermarket and add-ons, but the 25% rule holds true. No what-ifs or paper projects, only prototypes that were built and tested. So if you’re interested please sign-up. The Two Co-Hosts are Col. And Modelling Minion. If you're interested in joining and have questions please let me or one of the co-hosts know ?  

1. Corsairfoxfouruncle

2. zegeye

3. MarkSH

4. zebra

5 TEMPESTMK5

6. CliffB

7. Arniec

8. gingerbob

9. Blitz23

10. Joss

11. DaveyGair

12. theplasticsurgeon 

12a. rafalbert

14. Ozzy

15. Col.(Co-host)

16. Grey beema

17. JackG

18. Modelling minion (co-host)

19. uncletommy

20. spaddad

21. jrlx

22. jb65rams

23. Hewy

24. Black Knight

🏁25. vppelt68

26. Thom216

27. Shin

28. almac

29. gary from darwin

30. wellzy 

31. Johnson

32. John Laidlaw

33. Erwin
34. Dansk

35. johnd

36. rob85

37. 825

38. moaning dolphin

39. HoolioPaulio

40. Cookenbacher

41. LorenSharp

42. TommyF 

43. LDSModeller 

44. SleeperService 

45. wimbledon99 

46. GREG DESTEC 

• Like 1

Me too please Dennis.  A chance to build another kit from my 1/96 Lindberg 'Fighters Four' box (plus another opportunity to play 'guess the mark'!).

Thanks

Cliff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone ... I’m always looking for a few Recruits for this. Im hoping to see a number of different versions, nationalities, and scales. Im planning on doing a couple myself if the build gets a go. Most likely an F4U-1C & 1D. Im even contemplating trying to make either the -2 nightfighter or if i get brave enough the XF4U prototype. I have a good idea of how to do it. So if anyone is interested please ask questions and i hope to see you join in the fun.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stick me on the list for this, I don't have a F4U Corsair ( I have a Fujimi A-7 if that's any good?), but I think it's about time I should have one.

What about a 'From PROP to JET CORSAIR' build? Not really single type though, I know.

Davey

• Like 1

Hello @DaveyGair ... I had considered an all Vought, Chance-Vought, and Ling-Temco-Vought Group build. But the prospect of trying to get the 30 names and then go through the voting process was a little off putting. Thats why i chose the STGB. If you are still interested i will happily sign you up. It probably wont take place till 2020 anyway. I think 2019 is pretty solid booked with STGB’s already. 

Dennis

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @DaveyGair ... I had considered an all Vought, Chance-Vought, and Ling-Temco-Vought Group build. But the prospect of trying to get the 30 names and then go through the voting process was a little off putting. Thats why i chose the STGB. If you are still interested i will happily sign you up. It probably wont take place till 2020 anyway. I think 2019 is pretty solid booked with STGB’s already. 

Dennis

Yeah, go ahead Dennis, sign me up. At least it gives me time to 'smuggle' in another kit into the stash, and not get the 'Oh, you NEED that kit for a group build, you don't have anything amongst your piles of kits in loft?' comment off SWMBO 🙄

Davey.

• Like 1