Avia S-92 Questions

Modelraynz

Hiya,

I'm looking at contributing a Avia S-92 to the ME.262 GB but have some niggling questions i'm hoping someone on here can answer! 🙂

s92_1-L.jpg

Does anybody know if/what 'V' number this aircraft was assigned?  I see it was painted and stenciled up, so assuming the next step was to give it a bort number! - quite interested in this particular ac as it has the two upper cannons faired over (and I can use the academy kit pretty much oob!)

- the intake cones in museum examples are painted red - i cant tell if this is a cover, or just some artistic license? can anybody confirm what the centre intake cones were coloured on service machines?

- of note the lower rudder hinge seems to be painted red also ( going from the bottom right part of the Czech roundel should be red!)

- I know i need to expand the rudder trim tab, are there any other modifications i need to make to a 262 to an avia machine?

any info really appreciated! 😎

Raymond

Hello Raymond

The photo depicts Avia S.92-1, the first prototype and had been taken either on 22nd or 27th August 1945, depending on source. Either way, the aircraft was destroyed in forced landing on 9th September 1945 so there had probably not been enough time to mark her with codes. That red hinge must have had something to do with prototype as I cannot recall seeing another photo of Turbina with that part in red. About red jet starter covers: museum examples and ground instructional airframes tend to have them painted red, although this does not seem to be the case with serviceable aircraft. Not much, but I hope it helps. Cheers

Jure