Revell/S/H Spitfire Vc ///Finished///

Hi folk's,suddenly realised I'd not bought a kit for nearly three week's so heading home from the weekly torture shopping trip with the missus

I left her in the car outside the LMS on the pretext of popping in for a pot of white paint(true).I perused the shelves and saw this kit which I had

read the review's on previously, It's not perfect but then I don't care, what's in the box is a beautifully molded kit on par with most of the mainstream

offering's and I think it's one of the only Vc's out there two scheme's are offered the box top Egyptian based machine and a Malta based aircraft in

What look's like FAA colour's but I could be wrong,anyway marking a place for when at least one of the two build's ongoing in this GB is completed.

I will be doing the box top scheme  92 Sqn Western desert1942.

41472012034_a637eaa3f1_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

Good choice Steve,...... I`m just finishing one of these off,.... but not as a GB or anything! The wing halves benefit from being sanded along their mating edges before they are joined,.... a bit like a vacuform as this helps them to fit better,.... plus they are a bit too thick too,...... but that apart it is a very good kit. It only includes the later style Rotol propeller, unlike the Special Hobby boxing,... just to warn you,

Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with this one,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tonyot said:

Good choice Steve,...... I`m just finishing one of these off,.... but not as a GB or anything! The wing halves benefit from being sanded along their mating edges before they are joined,.... a bit like a vacuform as this helps them to fit better,.... plus they are a bit too thick too,...... but that apart it is a very good kit. It only includes the later style Rotol propeller, unlike the Special Hobby boxing,... just to warn you,

Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with this one,

Cheers

Tony 

Thank's for the head's up Tony,Revell's Seafire re-box was the first SH kit I built last year and enjoyed it this look's very similar in breakdown of part's

and assembly which bodes well!

• Like 2

Followed  Tony's advice on the wing's and pleased with the result sanded the leading edges for a nice smooth finish.

27471693747_3f54462a3a_b.jpg

My usual cockpit finish for that busy look,tape harness as normal.

27471677397_99e86cccc4_b.jpg

42293259302_dd5d25a355_b.jpg

• Like 9

I have one of these kits so will be watching with interest. It does look very good on the box. The VC is one of my favourite Spitfire variants. 

• Like 1

Looks great so far Steve,..... that harness looks brilliant! Glad the wing tip worked out mate,

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

Hi folk's a bit of tinkering was needed to get a goodish fit of the fuselage side's then the wing/fuselage join but nothing that can't be overcome

with a little trial run or two,the Volkes filter just added so leaving to dry now for a day or so.

42391189301_905b47ef1f_b.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Folk's,well my airbrush is kaput so need a new one but to tide me over rigged upthe old bottle powered starter one I first had and with the

compressor on low setting I can at least get a wide base coat on which is all I tend to use it for anyway.Primed in gray this morning.

41534635065_9cb84c5513_b.jpg

And after trying to mix a half decent blue bought a pot of Lifecolour Azure Blue.

27566850547_19c4041af6_b.jpg

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Looking good Steve,.... that Blue is spot on too!

Thank's Tony,the airbrush  is kaput so using my old bottle fed first one I'm plodding on,after brushing on maskol over the walkway's and leading

edges of the wing's (after painting silver) I've got the base coat for the top colour's on this morning.

41548831245_f5fd121bc5_b.jpg

• Like 5

That looks the biz Steve,..... wish I could `simply' apply a coat of Mid Stone like that, rather than building it up slowly by brush!! If somebody dd a rattle can of Mid Stone that would be superb!!

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

Morning folk's,got a couple of coat's of camo on rubbed off the leading edges and the maskols done the trick once thoroughly dry I can do

the wing root's and walkway's.

42420552362_7796e8cbf6_b.jpg

• Like 3

Morning paint job look fabulous.

Your paint wear off effect  is a bit to strong for my taste, it might  fade under the wash.  This is nice build, Revell's kit seems to be  nicely design. Keep going  Steve, I will be cheering for you. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 10:17, Franz75 said:

Morning paint job look fabulous.

Your paint wear off effect  is a bit to strong for my taste, it might  fade under the wash.  This is nice build, Revell's kit seems to be  nicely design. Keep going  Steve, I will be cheering for you. 

Thank's Franz,yes I wil lbe toning down areas of the wear with washes etc,here's today's progress with the first black wash applied,I find SH kit's

to have very fine lines which after a couple of paint application's tend to fade away,I'll also wear away the leading edge of the upper roundel's too.

28618591828_c28a8b9e79_b.jpg

42511826011_f3a4fef93c_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Yet another fine looking Spitfire Steve! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thank's Stix,dry run show's no issues with the glazing so now started painting the framing,this may be the only Spitfire I've built with the door open!

41836802194_e85927bf4c_b.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Folk's this one's been a bit of a departure for me with a try at heavier weathering,staining etc plus the open cockpit door/canopy, been enjoyable

as it's a cracking kit  which build's well with care and good practice for the Tomahawk which will join it soon in similar colour's and weathering.Should

get her in the gallery over the weekend.

28795776038_dd23e3fb4d_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

• Mike changed the title to Revell/S/H Spitfire Vc ///Finished///