Fiat G.50 1/72 S.B.S. Model

Hi folks,

this is the brand new SBS Model kit I picked up at the Moson show and built it over past couple of weeks. It's resin kit with etched and white metal parts, all done to high quality we have come to expect from this company. It was pretty much straightforward affair except few joints here and there to be addressed with little putty, but nothing really excessive for a resin kit.

I replaced the markings for O.Tuominen machine (1/LeLV46, autumn 1941) and followed the coloured profile and pictures from Finnish Fighter Colours book by MMP. Maybe not every scratch or paint touch-up is correct, but I'm quite happy with it. The paint chipping was done using "hair-spray" technique, using a medium-strong hair spray from my wife's stock.

Cheers

Libor

42142221982_421a9deb07_o.jpg

27317187087_a7a3ed87bc_o.jpg

27317187227_f825a716af_o.jpg

28315901098_b5f10b16b9_o.jpg

42142222192_5c0a9db126_o.jpg

28316210668_1db8544947_o.jpg

• Like 56

Nice to see your finished Fiat G.50!

Looks like a huge improvement over the old Airfix model.

I remember we talked about this kit @ Moson show.

You seem to be very busy at the moment, your roll-out rate (and quality of builds) are amazing!

• Like 1

Very fine model of an aircraft in a most interesting scheme. I always liked these Italian fighters in their desert- or mediterranean camouflage operating over the boreal forests of the North. Well, at least some of them were (partially) repainted at some point in time when operations allowed for this.

Your photographic skills are top-notch, too, by the way. I wish I could get my pictures so sharp and clear.

Thanks everyone for kind comments!

6 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

You seem to be very busy at the moment, your roll-out rate (and quality of builds) are amazing!

Hi Roman, just a matter of coincidence 🙂 Anyway, keeping my rules for quick building allows me to finish two kits per month.

2 hours ago, Doc72 said:

Your photographic skills are top-notch, too, by the way. I wish I could get my pictures so sharp and clear.

In fact, I hate photographing, but if you want to publish you need to go slightly deeply in it. Basically, what you need is a photo boot with good set of lights, fix lens on the camera and some software for basis operations like image cropping, balancing of white and sharping.

1 hour ago, Thud4444 said:

Nice build. Great paint scheme. Did you freehand that?

Yes, airbrushed freehand.

Cheers

Libor 

• Thanks 1

Fantastic looking G.50 Libor. I really like the finish and the subtle weathering. Might have to get myself one of these!

Thanks for sharing

Terry