9 minutes ago, stever219 said:

Check post 12, it’s Light Aircraft Grey (but I think the flash has bleached the colour a bit).

Yes, it's definitely light a/c grey, I think a combination of kitchen spotlights and ipad camera have made it look white!

Sorry I didn't read that thoroughly, and it did look white to me! :)

Looking good anyway! :)

Håkan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Re: the new GR.3. Apart from the the too short tail, I believe it's meant to be a rather nice representation of the mark. Though as with any kit opinions vary!

As above you need to add 1.5mm to the tail above the RWR sensor, but the old tool ones you asked about are terrible and not worth the £5. New tool one's do come up cheap, I've just picked one up for less than half rrp

• Like 1

And it was all going so well ...

IMG35681528141435.jpg

Does anyone have a Harrier canopy in their spares box please!?

I managed to get glue on this one, then learnt the hard way that paint thinner doesn't remove it but makes it even worse. 🙁

Edited by Lord Riot
  • Sad 1

The only change from building straight from the box will be that I'm making her as XV748, as this aircraft is still extant. I never like to make one that was lost during its service life.

However, I don't know what tail code XV748 carried in her 1 sqn days, so I'll leave it off until I find out.

The Harrier is almost done now, just needs the outriggers adding once the stores and decals have set, then I'll try and figure out what to do about the mess on the canopy. Is there anything that can clean up glue/turps from canopies?

IMG35851528215712.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Lord Riot,

I should have a canopy, but if yes, it will be the Hasegawa one...

However, did you tried to micromesh it ?

Sometimes, it work fairly well, but it's a tedious work...

Now there still is the Falcon way to sort it out...

Will have a look for the canopy...

Very good job indeed !

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

Thank you CC, if you do have a spare that would be great! 

I've just left it as it is for now, the photos in the new RFI section hide the damage in the light, but I'll need to sort it out in the future for sure.

• Like 1

Hello Lord Riot,

Really sorry but I no longer have that Hasegawa Harrier.

I surely have helped someone whit that kit because, it's no longer in my "I'll never build that kit" box

And seemingly, there's no vacu canopy for the Harrier, I did a quick research on Big H website and found none.

Sorry again.

CC

• Like 1