Breda 88 Lince (Lynx) 1/72 Replica Resin

Having managed to mislay the cockpit for my Loire 130. I have decided to bring this one out from deep hibernation in the stash. 

This of course will no doubt trigger the instant discovery of the currently AWOL cockpit !

However, as I've only ever built one Resin kit before this should be a challenge. Already the undercarriage looks like a big challenge to remove from its current Sea of Resin and looks very weak considering the weight of the resin body, even before everything else is added !

Any / All tips on either this aircraft or Resin building in general greatly appreciated 

Let me know what you think

Cheers Pat

IMG_3883

IMG_3884

IMG_3885

• Like 7

A really interesting choice Pat. 

Personally, I really do not like resin kits - although I seem to build loads for some reason!

My top tips:

1) Give all the parts a good scrub using warm soapy water before you start.

2) Tack parts in place using small dabs of thick superglue (to give you some wriggle time) - when you're happy, fix the part more firmly by running thin superglue around the join.

I look forward to seeing how you get on (I'm assuming you do have a canopy for this one.....)

Cheers,

Cliff

• Like 1

Hi Cliff

Thanks very much for the advice.

Yes I do have the clear parts but as they are vacformed I was too scared to take them out of the box for the photo !

Can you recommend a way of releasing the parts from their lagoon of Resin they are encased in ? I'm terrified of breaking bits.

cheers Pat

12 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Cliff

Can you recommend a way of releasing the parts from their lagoon of Resin they are encased in ? I'm terrified of breaking bits.

cheers Pat

Hi Pat

Just use a sharp blade to score around the outside of the parts.  If the web's thin you can cut straight through, if it's thicker then you should find that it snaps away easily enough once scored.

Have a go in a non-critical area first ;)

Cheers

Cliff

(PS, I'm a bit grumpy today as I've just lost third gear on my old TVR - perfect timing for the start of the season!).

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear that Cliff, it might be the selector rather than anything more serious. 

Is it the Capri gearbox in that one ?

If so might be easier quicker to swap it out and repair the original whilst still using the car. One of the other club members might give you a loan of one.

I can't get to the bottom of a wiring problem on my MG TC, switch the sidelights on they all work put the headlights on and the sidelights go off ! It's 1948 wiring so shouldn't be that difficult but it's had me running round in ever decreasing circles for months !

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

Nice choice Pat,.... I`m pretty sure that they made a few dive bombing attacks on Malta using these,.... but the Italian`s settled upon the Ju 87 instead. Good luck with the build,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tonyot said:

Nice choice Pat,.... I`m pretty sure that they made a few dive bombing attacks on Malta using these,.... but the Italian`s settled upon the Ju 87 instead. Good luck with the build,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony

I looked into the history of this aircraft and it went from very fast very promising to being left on deliberately on airfields as decoys to avoid other aircraft being damaged in raids !

cheers Pat

• Like 1