1/48th Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vb converted to a Mk.Vc with Alley Cat set, Greek Air Force......FINISHED!

20 hours ago, Edge said:

Great perserverance Tony.

I really liked the schemes on these sheets & was about to buy when I saw the trouble you were having. Top job on the recovery!

Edge

Cheers Edge,..... I just don`t like anything to beat me mate,...... I`m a stubborn bugger!!

14 hours ago, beppe said:

absolutly stunning!

Glad you like it Beppe,..... I have to admit that I`m quite chuffed with it myself!!!

Hiya Folks,..... the `sideline' Airfix Spitfire Mk.I converted into a Mk.Vc is still coming along,..... I`ve got a watercolour wash applied and just need to tweak those crumbled roundels and fin flashes with a bit of paint;

DSCF4514_NEWDSCF4513_NEW

And also alongside the Airfix Spitfire in French markings;

DSCF4511_NEW

Cheers

Tony

• Like 3

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Looking good Tony.

I shouldn't worry too much about the roundels mate, they just look like they are weathered.

Cheers mate!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beppe said:

amazing kits.

Tempted to order these greek decals, any word of advise Tony ?

Cheerio,

Joseph

Thank you Beppe,...... I love the subjects on the decal sheets but the quality of printing was awful,....really awful,.... making them all but un-usable and considering the relatively high price this is not good. However,..... I was informed by Fantasy Printshop in Cornwall, UK, who actually print the decals for LM Decals in Greece,.... that they were going to do a re run due to the fault discovered in printing as I was not the only person affected.  They did say last month that they would get new sheets to me by the `end of the month',..... so accounting for postage and optimism I may get some in the next few weeks.

So,.... if you want a sheet I would maybe contact Fantasy Printshop directly,..... say that you are aware of the printing problem and ask if new sheets are available yet! 

LM Decals themselves could not be more apologetic and this is all out of their control,.... they sent me fresh sheets hoping that they might not be as bad as the ones that I had bought,..... but even with treatment from Microscale Liquid Decal Sheet they were still pretty awful,..... so it is up to you! 

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

Hiya Folks,

Well the `extra' post war Greek 1/72nd scale Spitfire Mk.Vc,..... converted from an Airfix Spitfire Mk.I,...... with some help from the spares box,..... is finished. Those who have been following my efforts will know that the decals were not the best quality in the world;

DSCF4546_NEWDSCF4544_NEWDSCF4528_NEWDSCF4529_NEWDSCF4535_NEWDSCF4536_NEWDSCF4537_NEWDSCF4544_NEWDSCF4533_NEW

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 2