Hi chaps. 

I'm familiar with alclad paints, and have used a few of them before. I'm currently building a gloster meteor and am going to finish it in high speed silver. I know the colour is open to debate, and to my surprise when searching, found alclad produce this colour paint in their excellent range which I wasn't aware of. I've purchased two bottles. Now I know some of the colours require a specific colour primer underneath them, so I thought I'd check their website. Now this is where my problems started. I can't get onto the alclad uk website.. http://www.alclad2-online.co.uk this is the site on the back of the bottle, which I've not come across before. 

This is the normal website I use, https://alclad2.com, but they don't list any of the new colours. 

Does anyone know if it requires a specific coloured primer under it? 

Thanks for looking. 

Matt

Hi Matt,

On that first link (got to it from my phone) the high speed silver is listed under the ‘regular’ finishes.

It’s not in the ‘high shine’ section like say black chrome or airframe alu which probably need a gloss black base. 

That being said I would treat it the same as the other regular alclads you have used before? 

Hope that helps. 

Tony

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tony. For some reason the first link doesn't work on my phone. 

If it's listed under regular finishes then normal primer should be fine. Think I'll try a test spray over different primers, see if the final colour varies any. Shouldn't take too long either. 

Matt

• Like 1

High Speed Silver is a paint finish as opposed to a metallic finish, so you won't need to use the usual glass back base that Alclad metallics need.

• Like 1